need to silently remove trend officescan

Arthur L

Hi,

We are updating to NOD32 and need to silently remove Officescan. I know that using the administrator console can silently uninstall trend but the problem is, some of the machines are now "orphaned" by the server, so it cannot control it anymore. we are talking about 1000 computers.

I have found that the manual uninstallation program of officescan is "NTRmv.exe". but by executing it, it displays a window which I could not hide using @sw-hide.

this is the window:

Posted Image

the script is this:

RunWait("C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\NTRmv.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

I need to get rid of the uninstallation window. anyone has a solution?

thanks!

Have in mind that not all windows can be hidden using the @SW_HIDE macro. A possible 'n dirty workaround is to wait for this window to show up and move it outside the visible screen borders using WinMove().

the script is this:

RunWait("C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\NTRmv.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

I need to get rid of the uninstallation window. anyone has a solution?

Use the Win* functions on the window directly:

Run("C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\OfficeScan Client\NTRmv.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)
WinSetState("OfficeScan Client Uninstallation", "", @SW_HIDE)

Note Run() vice RunWait(), or your script can't do anything until the process exits.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law