[QUESTION] How to UnZip the ZIP files

Guyz is there a Source Code to Extract the ZIP file to its current location? if its existed can u give me a basic sample source code for extracting the ZIP file? thanks guys

I would expect that you would find something if you search. I use the freeware Cam Unzip which can be run using parameters, with options to run hidden. Despite the fact its called Cam Unzip it also zips. It's quite simple to use and I use it in an AutoIt script to make backups.

If you try it then be careful when you install it to read the options or it will set zip files to be associated with cuz.exe which is the exe Cam Unzip uses.

7Zip is another utility I've seen mentioned here a few times.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I would expect that you would find something if you search. I use the freeware Cam Unzip which can be run using parameters, with options to run hidden. Despite the fact its called Cam Unzip it also zips. It's quite simple to use and I use it in an AutoIt script to make backups.

If you try it then be careful when you install it to read the options or it will set zip files to be associated with cuz.exe which is the exe Cam Unzip uses.

7Zip is another utility I've seen mentioned here a few times.

i mean is.. when i have a sample of file.zip and by using AutoIT Script, the File.ZIP will be extracted to the current folder.. did you get it? :)

Ok use a command line utility to do the job.

Go to www.7-zip.org, download the command line version (7za.exe) and check the syntax. You can then call 7za.exe using RunWait() to unzip or zip or whatever.

There are also some UDFs for ZIP support in the 'Example Scripts' forum. Use search please.

i mean is.. when i have a sample of file.zip and by using AutoIT Script, the File.ZIP will be extracted to the current folder.. did you get it? :)

I thought I did. I gave you an example of a utility which can be operated with parameters. So you can run it from an AutoIt script using ShellExecute or Run. You can also run it from the command line.

By setting the parameters you can extract any zip file to any folder you want.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You might want to try the standalone Phil Katz's PKUNZIP.EXE - DOS Command based version 2.04g from 1993 and only works with older 8.3 formats, but only 29,378 bytes! Make for less payload in a FileInstall situation. :)

Workaround I use: Rename file to 8.3 format, PKUnzip it, and then rename back again.