executing a script that runs on a remote server

Tizza

Hi all

first post! I usually find everything i need from the search function but i came up short with this one....

I am running into a small issue with a script i wrote to automate a process of opening, updating and printing/emailig reports. The problem i am facing is with the windows scheduler - when i schedule the autoIT script to run, it runs perfectly fine if the remote desktop screen is open and visible. But when i close the window, it just pauses on the initial cmd prompt that i open to run the program from. I can log in after and take a look - i see the inactive cmd window, and my script has paused. Once i click the window, it becomes active and continues.

The script runs perfectly fine if i run it manually. Also runs perfectly fine using a rdp script i wrote for a temporary soluiton. But i just cant get it to run in the background without the window being visible!

I am using sends and winwaitactives and the run command to run the program (excel).

Is htere anyway of runing a script that resides on a remote server and is scheduled to run on that remote server without actually logging in? i need this script to run via windows scheduler so that it can automate printing and emailing out of reports on a daily basis.

Cheers!!!

I am using sends and winwaitactives and the run command to run the program (excel).

"Well, THERE'S your problem!" -- Jamie Hynaman, on Myth Busters

None of the graphical windows functions will work while the screensaver is active, or if the user is not logged in to a desktop. Using COM enabled functions, however, you might be able to get everything you need from an Excel spreadsheet without a GUI window to worry about. If you are not up to using the COM interface directly, search for Locodarwin's ExcelCOM_UDF.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

"Well, THERE'S your problem!" -- Jamie Hynaman, on Myth Busters

None of the graphical windows functions will work while the screensaver is active, or if the user is not logged in to a desktop. Using COM enabled functions, however, you might be able to get everything you need from an Excel spreadsheet without a GUI window to worry about. If you are not up to using the COM interface directly, search for Locodarwin's ExcelCOM_UDF.

:)

Thanks for the reply PsaltyDS!

The excel portion is working just fine. What i am automating is a command prompt to launch excel, then i just automate a few movements to scroll to some menu items - to refresh the data and what not. The script then saves the file and exits the program. The excel file does everything it needs to by itself - i just need to launch the page, refresh it, remove my odbc conneciton so that it becomes a flat file and not connection dependant data, then save it.

I have a server and it resides on it - i just have to physically have it open in an RDP session for it to run- i was hoping i could just schedule it, and shut the window (keeping my session running in the background).

Cheers!