PixelGetColor slow under vista

Hello.

I use an autoit script with windows xp. It generally functions very well. I have been using it since January without problem.

I just tried to use this script on a new computer that works with Windows Vista.

My script becomes very slow. After looking for the origin of this, i found that it seems to come from the function PixelGetColor.

Is there some configuration to do so that PixelGetColor speeds up ?

I use AutoIt v3.2.10.0.

Below, the part of code that i discovered to be very slow :

for $i = 1 to 25

$CurrentColor[$i] = PixelGetColor(20 + ($i-1) * 4 , 120)

Next

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by BobTheEponge

A memory-hogging code like that would definitely slow down Vista. It must be something with your hardware that cannot run as quickly with Vista that is making this slow down now that you upgraded.

You're asking AutoIt to check 25 pixel colours in around 100 milliseconds. Putting a Sleep() function into the For loop will use less memory, but take a teeny bit more time. Sleep(100) should be good, and you won't be able to notice a 100-millisecond pause.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

googled info...

"On Vista, GDI is software-emulated. The result is that everything has to happen in system memory. So when you blit from the DC you got for the DX surface, it has to transfer that data into system memory before it can blit. I believe GDI does a very slow copy of the memory one pixel at a time. You can dramatically improve the speed on Vista if you use GetRenderTargetData to copy the DX surface entirely into system memory surface, and then get a DC from that."

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

googled info...

"On Vista, GDI is software-emulated. The result is that everything has to happen in system memory. So when you blit from the DC you got for the DX surface, it has to transfer that data into system memory before it can blit. I believe GDI does a very slow copy of the memory one pixel at a time. You can dramatically improve the speed on Vista if you use GetRenderTargetData to copy the DX surface entirely into system memory surface, and then get a DC from that."

Lar.

thank you lar.

You're right.

I looked at what you said. It comes from the GDI. I disabled transparency AND choosed the "windows classic" windows display.

It functions again at a normal speed.

Thanks