searching in memory ?!?

hello.

I'm looking for a function or any idea's how to search all memory addresses for a specify value like in notepad.exe the value 'Edit1'. I wrote my own function based on the function from normads libary, but it tooks years to scan from 0x00000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF.

some programs can scan the complete memory in milliseconds. Is there any function, udf or any ideas how i can handle this problem?

and yes if searched for about 2 hours and looked in each "memory" thread and i found nothing :)

Thanks in advance,

CosmosTunes

hello.

I'm looking for a function or any idea's how to search all memory addresses for a specify value like in notepad.exe the value 'Edit1'. I wrote my own function based on the function from normads libary, but it tooks years to scan from 0x00000000 to 0xFFFFFFFF.

some programs can scan the complete memory in milliseconds. Is there any function, udf or any ideas how i can handle this problem?

and yes if searched for about 2 hours and looked in each "memory" thread and i found nothing :)

Thanks in advance,

CosmosTunes

Maybe you could read from a memory address and read as a large byte array, say 10,000 bytes at a time. then scan that for the ascii code for E, and then see if the next bytes are dit1 etc. That should speed it up a lot.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

thx i will try.

is it possible to use external c++ functions to handle the request and use the return value in autoit?

I don't wont to write the complete script in c++.

One way. Call the program and use the exit value,

Second way. Have a dll written in C which you can call,

Third way. Have a program running and pass it messages and get answers

Fourth way. Use your AutoIt script to control the memory reader you have been using.

Probably there are other ways.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I would asume there are a base pointer for notepad, and its functions. As most apps have their functions stored inn the same location every time they are called. But there are also apps witch uses multiple sets of pointers. But i cant see any reason for notepad to use that tecnique, sine thats mostly used by games and other apps where you would want to hide information from eventual "crackers".

UDF:Crypter a file encrypt / decrypt tool with no need to remember a password again. Based on Caesar cipher using entire ASCII Table.Script's: PixelSearch Helper, quick and simple way to create a PixelSeach.Chatserver - simplified, not so complicated multi-socket server.AutoIT - Firewall, simple example on howto create a firewall with AutoIt.