DLL Call

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Guest Py7|-|[]/\/

Can someone enlighten me on the DLL Call function? It sounds really neat, I've seen it used by Larry, Valik, this-is-me, I've read the HelpFile documentation, but I have learned pretty much nothing about it or what it does. What exactly is this used for? Can someone just give me a general idea of what good can come of DLL Call and what DLLs are available to call etc?

You don't learn about DllCall, you learn what's known as "Windows API". DllCall is simply the vehicle to get you to the windows api. What you do with windows api is your decision.

EDIT: I suggest you try starting at this url:

http://www.mentalis.org/apilist/apilist.php

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

Can someone enlighten me on the DLL Call function? It sounds really neat, I've seen it used by Larry, Valik, this-is-me, I've read the HelpFile documentation, but I have learned pretty much nothing about it or what it does. What exactly is this used for? Can someone just give me a general idea of what good can come of DLL Call and what DLLs are available to call etc?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't tried the function yet, but from the help file it looks like it's basically performing a RUNDLL32.EXE. When you "run" a DLL, you need to know the function to ask it to run, what it will return, and what paramaters to pass it. The best known DLL to run is the PRINTUI.DLL. To see what's possible with this DLL, from a Command prompt type:

RunDll32.EXE printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?

and a window with all the valid switches will pop up as well as a lot of examples.

The one site I know of that has a small listing of DLL's and how to use them using Dx21's RunDLL32 Reference