Ports

Hi,

How can i open external ports?

$MainSocket = TCPListen($szIPADDRESS, $nPORT)

is only for the pc port

but how can i open my router port?

You LISTEN on your own ports, and you CONNECT to remote ports.

Look up TCPConnect().

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You LISTEN on your own ports, and you CONNECT to remote ports.

Look up TCPConnect().

I know that but...

my pc has a direct connection to the internet all can write my

but if i CONNECT to remote ports nobody can read my message.

A PC has two Ports:

PC Network port (intern) - > i can open the port over the firewall

Router Port (extern) -> u must change the config of your Router (portforwarding)

if i start the TCPRecv he ask me : would u like open the pots: if i klick yes he will only open the pc network port.

but how can i open the routerport? like skype or msn?

I know that but...

my pc has a direct connection to the internet all can write my

but if i CONNECT to remote ports nobody can read my message.

A PC has two Ports:

PC Network port (intern) - > i can open the port over the firewall

Router Port (extern) -> u must change the config of your Router (portforwarding)

if i start the TCPRecv he ask me : would u like open the pots: if i klick yes he will only open the pc network port.

but how can i open the routerport? like skype or msn?

The particulars depend on the router you have. In most home broadband NAT router/firewalls, you http into the router from the LAN side port (not WAN-side, admin from that should NEVER be enabled). With a username/password you get into a web based config for the router.

From there, whatever port on the WAN (internet) side you want to be passed through is defined by associating the port with the LAN-side IP you want it to go to (your PC).

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

@Confuzzled

Windows supports the uPnP protocol by means of COM objects

UPnP Protocol

regards

ptrex

Thanks ptrex. Yep, it was a really brief and subtle hint I was dropping to ZK...

uPnp works really well, unless you have a router that doesn't support uPnP (they are getting rarer these days) or running on an older version of Windoze, in which case manual router configuration is the fallback option, and www.portforward.com has a lot of extremely useful information to clarify how to do this for most routers out there.