Blocking other Applications interrupting

Rodger

Hello,

Is there a way to block applications from interrupting the AutoIt process.

Example: Some mail programs display a popup when a mail is received. The AutoIt process doesn't go further until you press the OK button on the popup. The mail program may not be closed and must stay open.

Thanks in advance,

R.

I've never heard of an application interrupting AutoIt, certainly not in the way you're describing, unless the popup is an AutoIt msgbox. In which case you could just replace it with a self made GUI.

We are using Lotus Notes. When a popup appears when there is a new mail, the OK button of that popup has the focus. The problem here is that you never know when the popup appears .....

• Developers

Just put an Adlib func in your script which tests for this popup window and clicks the ok.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

This popup is coming from another program, and is interrupting yours???

Spoiler

"If a vegetarian eats vegetables,What the heck does a humanitarian eat?"

"I hear voices in my head, but I ignore them and continue on killing."

"You have forced me to raise the indifference warning to beige, it's a beige alert people. As with all beige alerts please prepare to think about the possibility of caring."

An optimist says that giving someone power DOESN'T immediately turn them into a sadist. A pessimist says that giving someone power doesn't IMMEDIATELY turn them into a sadist.

I get the great joy of using Lotus Notes as well, I have turned off the popup notification, instead I get a Tray Icon when I receive new mail.

To turn off the popup:

File->Preferences->User Preferences

On the Mail tab under the heading that says When New Mail Arrives,

Uncheck Show a Popup.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.