execute script at shut-down

liquid98

Hi,

I've read about how to execute a script at boot time, but how can I execute a script when I shut-down Windows (XP)?

What you mean is, you want the script to detect when you are shutting down the pc then to kick off? I would imagine if applicable it would be a lot easier to use the script to run what you want it to then have the script shut down your pc, you could use something as simple as shutdown() then.

To have a script running in the background that will detect when the pc is about to shutdown, then execute could take some work.

Assuming you are using Windows XP PRO.

Start > Run > gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Logon/Logoff). You can set a Logoff script there. Afaik, any program will work.

If you are using Windows XP Home.. I don't think there is a matching reg key to edit..

Assuming you are using Windows XP PRO.

Start > Run > gpedit.msc > User Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Logon/Logoff). You can set a Logoff script there. Afaik, any program will work.

If you are using Windows XP Home.. I don't think there is a matching reg key to edit..

Or what covaks said,.. It would be very easy to just place it in your logoff script if that is applicable.