Install multiple versions of AutoiIt?

is8591

Does anyone knows how to keep multiple versions of AutoIt installed?

Also, any easy way of switching between the versions?

The reason I am asking is that I have couple of scripts in 3.2.0.

The new script will be in 3.2.10.

I may need to modify the old scripts in the future but to test compatibility with new version is not practical because I don't have the data needed to test working scripts.

Does anyone knows how to keep multiple versions of AutoIt installed?

Also, any easy way of switching between the versions?

The reason I am asking is that I have couple of scripts in 3.2.0.

The new script will be in 3.2.10.

I may need to modify the old scripts in the future but to test compatibility with new version is not practical because I don't have the data needed to test working scripts.

I don't know if you can install multiple autoit versions (maybe) but you don't have to have it installed.

When you have Scite just change the path to the dir of a version of autoit in "au3.properties file " - line n. 7? and

restart scite.

Edited by grham

I don't know if you can install multiple autoit versions (maybe) but you don't have to have it installed.

When you have Scite just change the path to the dir of a version of autoit in "au3.properties file " - line n. 7? and

restart scite.

Thanks. Will try it over the weekend.

• Developers

If you want to keep other versions of AutoIt3 for specific scripts then the easiest way is to add one line to the script that require a different version of aut2exe:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE=C:\path-to-directory\aut2exe.exe

This is a obsolete directive (undocumented now) but still operational.

:)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If you want to keep other versions of AutoIt3 for specific scripts then the easiest way is to add one line to the script that require a different version of aut2exe:

This is a obsolete directive (undocumented now) but still operational.

But in this solution will be problem with older standard include files, will not be?

• Developers

But in this solution will be problem with older standard include files, will not be?

Not sure what problem you refer to, but you will have to have the Include directory and files there as well....

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Does the SciTE recognize this? or it's only for compiling? i would like to use the new version of AutoIt too (3.2.10.0), but i have many work to do with all my scripts... and if i can debug in SciTE with this directive, then this will be perfect!

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

Not sure what problem you refer to, but you will have to have the Include directory and files there as well....

Jos

So all the stuff like Au3Check, standard include files copy into C:\path-to-directory\aut2exe.exe?

I don't know.

If there is some such relative simple solution (the best also with full Scite/Au3Check/Auto3Wrapper functionality) I will be VERY HAPPY too.

Edited by Zedna

• Developers

Does the SciTE recognize this? or it's only for compiling? i would like to use the new version of AutoIt too (3.2.10.0), but i have many work to do with all my scripts... and if i can debug in SciTE with this directive, then this will be perfect!

If you mean syntax color than its no. as mentioned it is an directive which was used in the beginning to allow people to point to Beta or Production before we set the directoryu structure as we do today.

The derectives are still operational for backwards compatibility and should work fine.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE=C:\path-to-autoit3OldVersion\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AUTOIT3=path-to-autoit3OldVersion\autoit3.exe

So all the stuff like Au3Check, standard include files copy into C:\path-to-directory\aut2exe.exe?

I don't know.

If there is some such relative simple solution (the best also with full Scite/Au3Check/Auto3Wrapper functionality) I will be VERY HAPPY too.

Just use the same structure as is used today for production/beta.

AutoitProgram\ - contains: Autoit3.exe, au3check files

AutoitProgram\include - contains the includes to use

AutoitProgram\aut2exe - contains the compiler

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

If you mean syntax color than its no. as mentioned it is an directive which was used in the beginning to allow people to point to Beta or Production before we set the directoryu structure as we do today.

The derectives are still operational for backwards compatibility and should work fine.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AUT2EXE=C:\path-to-autoit3OldVersion\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe

#AutoIt3Wrapper_AUTOIT3=path-to-autoit3OldVersion\autoit3.exe

Just use the same structure as is used today for production/beta.

AutoitProgram\ - contains: Autoit3.exe, au3check files

AutoitProgram\include - contains the includes to use

AutoitProgram\aut2exe - contains the compiler

Jos

I'm going to upgrade from my 3.2.8.1 to 3.2.10 early

and I will try this very promising backward compatibility method definitely.

Thanks for infos Jos!