'Masking' a source?

Is there any way to encrypt/mask my source so that it cannot be decompiled from my .exe? :)

Would obfuscating do the trick?

it would make it take a little longer. as of 3.2.6+ decomile is not officially supported or to be discussed.

as of right now, I don't know of a way to truly protect your source, but the lack of support does help keep your source harder to decompile.

running obfuscator more than once before compile may make it harder with each run. but . . .

as of right now, I don't know of a way to truly protect your source.

I would suggest changeing everything that points to autoit.

compile with options and use resource hack 'its a tab when compiling' remove any mention of autoit. -fake another compiler message if you wish . . .

edit: change the icons too.

Edited by Hatcheda

Even so Hatcheda, under ResHacker there is a string that points to AutoIt even with version number. And besides, its technically impossible to decompile the source. And besides, there are deobfuscater downloads available.

Are you serious?

1. please point to the string -I have changed mine. unless I am missing something

2.technically impossible -its a program, no it isn't technically impossible but again, not to be discussed

and to quote myself

running obfuscator more than once before compile may make it harder with each run. but . . .

post-24404-1197691940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hatcheda

Theres also another thing you easily missed: Click the top black bar that says "Click to view full size". Or, right click the picture and click properties, copy the URL and enter it into your browser, it will be clear to see what you have missed.

so you prove my point that its not secure. one hex change and you see monkeys. even if you dont, who cares. the point was its not secure and the best security is to fake its origin as best as possible

you really want me to have to copy past your url?

a compiled version is even less secure. then they spend not time looking. your best hope is they know nothing about autoit/autoit decompilers then dont know what to google

again thank you for wasting everyones time and proving nothing.

@ OP

obfuscate more than once with standalone before compiling. compile wiht all 1's except for drop unused funcitons. dont drop them, more makes it harder to read. I believe that 3.2.6+ uses random rolling hex so it should be harder than ever to crack for most users.

Remove all traces of autoit that you can find.

as the other poster 'cleverly' posted, there are hex traces. of course I knew that considering the posted image is of a hex checker that I built to verify an autoit.exe. Make a backup and change the hex as needed testing after each minor change.

Edited by Hatcheda

Im sorry I'll spell this out for everyone next time incase you stop by and dont clearly understand fact

point 1. ie it can be decompiled and deobfuscated period.

point 2. obfucator more than once makes it harder.

point 3 look at the jpg I posted -do you see the name? Post one was only to change the visible characteristics period.