Connecting to someone who is using a switch

dburner

How can I connect to somone who is using a switch(his internet connecton is "splited" in 2 or more computers using a switch)?

The problem is like this: a firend of mine has 2 computers, he "splited" the internet connection in 2 for both computers, now on the internet both computers have the same ip.

How do you connect to a single computer?

• Developers

How can I connect to somone who is using a switch(his internet connecton is "splited" in 2 or more computers using a switch)?

The problem is like this: a firend of mine has 2 computers, he "splited" the internet connection in 2 for both computers, now on the internet both computers have the same ip.

How do you connect to a single computer?

and the relation to AutoIt3 is ....what ?

.... but you need a LAT router to share a connection.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I have no idea what to do with AutoIt, but I'm working on my CCNA. I'm not too far along though...

I'm assuming he has a router too, yes? It would have to involve some kind of port forwarding probably. That's how the router will know which computer to send the requests to.

(Or I could be totally off, but that's how you have to set up remote admin software sometimes, otherwise it doesn't know where to go)

Edited by Nevin

• Developers

Using AutoIt 3 functions(TCPConnect, TCPListen, TCPAccept,...) of course. He has a server script and i have the client and i want to connect to him. We are not on the same network.

yea...stupid me... i should have understood that from your first post :)

Now if your question is that you want to connect to your "friends" pc from the Internet and he is currently using a shared internet connection then you need to configure the router in such a way that the tcp port you use for your tcpip connection is forwarded to his pc...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

LOOK LOOK I'm smart! I WAS RIGHT!

hahahaha. Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Edit: Can't help but notice, but it says dburner's been reading a while, so maybe he's confused.

Your friend has to log into his router and forward the port you use. It's probably called IP filter or something like that in the router menu. It has to forward that port to the PRIVATE IP address of the computer you're trying to connect to. If there is any fear that the IP might change, I would suggest statically assigning the IP address for the machine you always connect to.

Edited by Nevin

If you go to www.portforward.com you will find instructions for most routers/switches.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother