I'm real new at this.

GrillV20

Okay... just for starters... look at the help file. I will guide you in the direction.

Search for Sleep() (make it sit for X amount of time before continuing) HotKeySet() (for exiting the script) Loops (make it do one item over and over again) and I think the last thing you need right now is Send().

You might also need to check out the WinActive() and WinActivate() functions.

Please note that if you are having trouble with any particular section of a script I would be more than happy to re write or optomize it to the best of my ability. I dont want to write this script for you as it wouldnt help you learn much.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I always do mine as follows...

Dim $delay = 3;Time in minutes that it checks the date
$delay = $delay * 60 * 1000

Sleep($delay)

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Why not

Sleep(180000)

?

The point was showing also a loop.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason being it makes it easier to change if you use a multiplier. Your method is fine. I didnt show the loop because you did a fine job of that I was just showing how I usually do the sleep() :)

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

This is all i got so far (first attempt at scripting anything).

Sleep (180000)

Could you show me what the script would look like so i can get an idea of what i'm doing. I'm really in the dark here lol.

Edited by GrillV20

Now that I know how the script works.  Can you tell me why I get an error on line 1 of the script  ?  Am I copying and pasting wrong or what am I doing wrong .... ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It seems to work normally to me. However:

; AutoIt Version: 2.x

Maybe this is the problem. I know nothing about the v2 syntax but I do know that it very very different than the current. Grap the latest AutoIT copy @ http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php