parsing output from sc

On your pc, try running "sc query" in a terminal. You'll get a lot of output. Sc is the Service Control interface for the command line and it's in all win2k and winxp machine, I think win2k3, but haven't tested that yet.

Anyway, I realize I can do a dump to a file : sc query > file and parse that for the info I want, however I really don't feel like making files everywhere I run this script. Is there a way to gather that output into a string or variable of some sort and work with it then?

thanks,

Jack

#include <Constants.au3>

$foo = Run(@ComSpec & " /c sc query", @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)

While 1
    $line = StdoutRead($foo)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    MsgBox(0, "STDOUT read:", $line)
WEnd

While 1
    $line = StderrRead($foo)
    If @error Then ExitLoop
    MsgBox(0, "STDERR read:", $line)
WEnd

MsgBox(0, "Debug", "Exiting...")

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

On your pc, try running "sc query" in a terminal. You'll get a lot of output. Sc is the Service Control interface for the command line and it's in all win2k and winxp machine, I think win2k3, but haven't tested that yet.

Anyway, I realize I can do a dump to a file : sc query > file and parse that for the info I want, however I really don't feel like making files everywhere I run this script. Is there a way to gather that output into a string or variable of some sort and work with it then?

thanks,

Jack

Services are available through the WMI COM objects. Why run sc.exe at all?

Functions are available from a UDF called _NTServices.au3, and you can search for many examples of doing it with direct COM calls to the WMI.

If you have Scriptomatic for VBS already, you're almost there. You can find the WMI call you want and just translate to AutoIt.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Services are available through the WMI COM objects. Why run sc.exe at all?

Functions are available from a UDF called _NTServices.au3, and you can search for many examples of doing it with direct COM calls to the WMI.

If you have Scriptomatic for VBS already, you're almost there. You can find the WMI call you want and just translate to AutoIt.

:)

that's pretty nice and all, but SC.exe allows me to permanently disable the service as well.

Thanks for the posts folks, this looks to be the direction I'm after!