Change Gui Title

Is there a way to change my GUIs title when something happens?

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Yeah but I'm not sure what the win title is going to be. It's going to be changed very often throughout the script and I don't think WinSetTitle works with handles

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Did you try?

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

$h = GuiCreate("Title One.")
GuiSetState()

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Two..")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Three...")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Four....")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Five.....")
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• Administrators

Did you try?

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

GuiSetState()

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Two..")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Three...")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Four....")

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle("handle=" & $h, "", "Title Five.....")

Not required, this is easier:

GuiSetState()

sleep(1000)
WinSetTitle($h, "", "Title Two..")

Ah, see I didn't know WinSetTitle worked with handles. Thanks both of you

• Administrators

Ah, see I didn't know WinSetTitle worked with handles. Thanks both of you

Any function that works with "title", "text" works with handles. Totally undocumented but when I upgraded the variants to support handles this was a nice side effect. In fact the "handle=" is completely redundant now - it stays only because I need it for AutoItX.

• 5 years later...

This Thread is 6 years old now. But this issue is STILL totally undocumented. I'm using autoit for so many years, and I'm a little frustrated that this feature has been there and is ... 6 years old.

please can you put it to the next version's help file?

This Thread is 6 years old now. But this issue is STILL totally undocumented. I'm using autoit for so many years, and I'm a little frustrated that this feature has been there and is ... 6 years old.

please can you put it to the next version's help file?

Look at "Window Titles and Text (Advanced)" in the help file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Moderators

loukaniko,

From the Help file - <Using AutoIt - Window Titles and Text (Advanced)>: :blink:

Window Handles / HWNDs

The variant datatype in AutoIt natively supports window handles (HWNDs). A window handle is a special value that windows assigns to a window each time it is created. When you have a handle you may use it in place of the title parameter in any of the function calls that use the title/text convention. The advantage of using window handles is that if you have multiple copies of an application open - which have the same title/text - you can uniquely identify them when using handles. When you use a window handle for the title parameter then the text parameter is completely ignored.

Various functions such as WinGetHandle, WinList and GUICreate return these handles. It is important to note that a window handle is not classed as a number or string - it is its own special type.

Note: Window handles will work no matter what WinTitleMatchMode is currently in use.

Example

$handle = WinGetHandle("Untitled - Notepad", "")

WinClose($handle)

Neck retract button = Pressed

could well be the next thing on your agenda. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area