5 Step Process, SHOW/HIDE GUI

ame1011

Hi there, I've created an installer with autoit. I did this mainly because there are several unique functions I want completed on installation and instead of fooling around with installer programs I've decided to just code it myself.

So far, the installer works 100%, the user chooses an installation dir on one page of the GUI, chooses who to install the app for on another page (this user or all users) etc.etc.

My concern however is the flicker of windows that is present in my script. I coded 5 different GUIs (for each step of the installation process) and I move through the steps by hiding one GUI and showing another. This is what causes a little bit of a flicker. Anyone know a better way of doing this?

[font="Impact"] I always thought dogs laid eggs, and I learned something today. [/font]

You mean that little bit of delay when you hide one gui and show another? Not sure if it will work for you (and it can cause other issues - can't remember off hand) but try showing the second GUI before hiding the first. I've done that one a GUI of mine and it works just fine for me.

While ProcessExists('Andrews bad day.exe')
	BlockInput(1)
	SoundPlay('Music.wav')
	SoundSetWaveVolume('Louder')
WEnd