Unable to read files inside rar/zip

I've tried maybe filemove, or fileexists but the script always cannot find the file inside the .rar even with @scriptdir & "\file"

How can i make it read the files inside ?

HI,

how about unzipping the files first?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

HI,

I don't think so. Show me a program which doesn't unzipp files for reading the files in the zip.

So long,

Mega

Edited by Xenobiologist

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I used FileMove to move files inside the rar to a dir in my computer or Run().. But it always says "Unable to execute specifed program" or "unable to find file (or something like that , i've forgotten)"

Hi,

I'm no expert, but I guess it doesn't matter whether you unzipp it and then do your stuff or you got a function which can copy files out of a zip. Then I suppose the function has to unzipp the files first. ^_^

Maybe I'm wrong. :)

So long,

Mega

Hi,

I don't think so.

So long,

Mega

So theres no way to move or do anything to a file without unzipping it ?

No but search around the examples forum because there are many udf's for unzipping the files, you don't need to get the user to do it you can write it in as part of your script.