SciTE Install Problem

I've recently had AutoIt and SciTE installed on my desktop machine at work. I used the latest downloads from this site for both AutoIt3 and ScITE4AutoIt3. However, none of the main AutoIt3 features of SciTE are working: I don't have access to the main tools like compile or run, I get no syntax highlighting or command completion and no access to the help files.

I'm guessing this is a result of our machines being so heavily locked down. Our IT team aren't likely to do much investigation for me, so I'm hoping that someone might be able to tell me the minimum permissions I need to get things functioning correctly ... which I can then pass to them and hopefully get things resolved.

Cheers.

• Developers

You will need write access to both the SciTE program folder and the Users AppData folder.

What OS are you using ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You will need write access to both the SciTE program folder and the Users AppData folder.

What OS are you using ?

Thanks for this information. It certainly makes sense of my symptoms in our environment. We're on Win XP Pro (all service packs applied) and have full access to access to %appdata% but only read/execute to the install folder (and indeed to everything under the "Program Files" folder). I'll ask our tech guys to either reinstall somewhere we have permissions or to grant permissions on the AutoIt folder and subfolders within.

Many thanks.

• 1 month later...

I am in a locked down environment, but I have an admin account to install stuff, and full control of the entire AutoIt3 folder, and I'm having this problem too. It seems like every time I clean-install SCiTE I end up with it this way, and I'm not sure how I get it to start highlighting each time.

Any suggestions?

My UDFs: ExitCodes

• Developers

The latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer does change the ACL of the SciTE subdirectory giving the Groups USERS and POWERUSERS the access required.

Does your normal account have write access to the SciTE directory and its subdirectories ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The latest SciTE4AutoIt3 installer does change the ACL of the SciTE subdirectory giving the Groups USERS and POWERUSERS the access required.

Does your normal account have write access to the SciTE directory and its subdirectories ?

Yes, I have full control to the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 folder and subfolders.

BTW, Highlighting of every other language I've tried in SCiTE works, just not AutoIt3 highlighting. I've tried uninstalling SCiTE and AutoIt3, and making sure I have full control of the C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 folder before reinstalling, which didn't work either.

Edited by c0deWorm

• Developers

Highlighting should work when:

- the file extension is .au3

- the file au3.properties exists in the properties subdirectory and isn't empty

- the file au3.keywords.properties exists and contains all keywords

- the file sciteUser.properties is empty or contains valid information for the au3 lexer.

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.