how to: not select all text in an edit control on click

atomman

i'm using edit controls as sort of a mini notepad which probably isn't the best idea to begin with, but one "feature" of the edit controls that is causing me problems is the fact that all the contents becomes selected when you click on the control.

how can this be prevented in an elegant way? i'd rather not use controlclick().

Edited by atomman

anyone?

i'm aware that _GUICtrlEdit_Create doesn't have this behavior, but then i'd need to deal with resizing it since it doesn't accept the dock parameters. What i'd rather do is disable the selecting in the built-in edit control when it's focused.

found these in EditConstants.au3, but i don't know what they do (seemed to do nothing when i played with them).

Global Const $EIMES_GETCOMPSTRATONCE = 0x1; If this flag is set, the edit control hooks the WM_IME_COMPOSITION message with fFlags set to GCS_RESULTSTR and returns the result string immediately
Global Const $EIMES_CANCELCOMPSTRINFOCUS = 0x2; If this flag is set, the edit control cancels the composition string when it receives the WM_SETFOCUS message.
Global Const $EIMES_COMPLETECOMPSTRKILLFOCUS = 0x4; If this flag is set, the edit control completes the composition string upon receiving the WM_KILLFOCUS message.