Where to find error message on Vista?

wzbbbb

Hi everyone,

I guess many people have seen it.

When I run the script from SciTE on XP, the AutoIt3Wrapper complete/fall after the script is finished/falled. I can see the error messages and the return code from SciTE.

However, on Vista, the AutoIt3Wrapper always complete a few seconds after the script run, although the script is still running. So, even if the script failed, I can not see the error messages from SciTE.

I am running the script with #RequireAdmin on Vista.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I am running the script with #RequireAdmin on Vista.

AFAIK, if you are running the script with UAC on, then you would be using the limited user token. #RequireAdmin will restart your script with the admin token and it will inherit admin privileges. Scite will only wait for the initial script launch and not the restarted process that is spawned in the case of using #RequireAdmin and not having admin privilages initially.

I am not aware of any ideas to work around the limitation other then perhaps starting scite with admin privileges thus hopefully the executed script may inherit the admin privileges. If you look at the properties of the Scite shortcut, then you should see something to allow to run as admin on a permanent basis.

:)