Check Button

1bobby

I would like to check a button to see if it is checked or not checked. The button is the Show Quick Launch button located in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties. Actually if I could click it on, no matter the state I would be happy. Everything I find will switch it from state to state. bobby

No, I don't have any code. What I have is a send command with sends Alt q which will set the switch, how ever if it is set, it will reset it. I want it to stay on? Not sure how to accomplish this, that is read it, and set it if it needs set. I would like to thank you for your help.

I am trying to build a script that can be run over and over and make sure the settings are like I want. Sorry I am a pain.

Run("explorer.exe")

WinWaitActive("My Documents")

Sleep(500)

Send("+{TAB 2}")

Sleep(500)

Send("Control Panel\Taskbar and Start Menu")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ENTER}")

Sleep(500)

WinWaitActive("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties")

WinActivate("My Documents")

Send("!{F4}")

WinActivate("Taskbar and Start Menu Properties")

Sleep(500)

Send("!l") ;send Lock the taskbar (this will reset if set, or set if reset. I want to make sure it is set)

Sleep(500)

Send("{tab 2}") ; skip the Auto-Hide check.

Send("+") ;turn on Keep the taskbar on top of other windows

Sleep(500)

Send("{tab 2}") ;skip Group similar taskbar buttons

Send("+") ;sets the Show quick launch

Send("!h")

Sleep(500)

Send("+{TAB 7}")

Sleep(500)

Send("{RIGHT}")

Sleep(500)

Send("!m")

Sleep(500)

Send("!a")

Sleep(500)

Send("{ENTER}")

I am trying to build a script that can be run over and over and make sure the settings are like I want.

There was a time when that's how I would have done it too. You might be able to find where that option is set in the registry and just check/change it there, with RegRead() and RegWrite().

Here's another possibility: That's just a checkbox, use the GUI control powers in AutoIt to check it's status and change it directly. This demo just shows the current status:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)
WinWait("[CLASS:#32770; TITLE:Taskbar and Start Menu Properties]")
$hWin = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:#32770; TITLE:Taskbar and Start Menu Properties]")
Do
    $iStatus = ControlCommand($hWin, "", "[CLASSNN:Button1]", "IsChecked")
    ToolTip("Debug: $iStatus = " & $iStatus)
    Sleep(1000)
Until WinExists($hWin) = 0

The window CLASS and TITLE where gotten from Au3Info.exe, AutoIt's window info tool, as was the CLASSNN of the button. Check out ControlCommand() in the help file. If you can check it with "IsChecked", then you can set it with "Check"/"UnCheck" also, no?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law