Network throughput..

sulfurious

Here is a little somthing I whipped up for some 2k machines. I was putting in some gig nic cards, and for lack of a better free network speed monitor, I made this one. Works in xp too.

At the moment it detect the first card found, which happened to be the only nic in the machines. I noticed at home it found Hamachi before local, so I assume that it is alpha numeric bases. Never had to adapt it for my uses.

I was also toying with doing some remote polling using WMI, but I never got around to finding the connection string that worked. If you can get that workin, please post the code back so I can see how you have done it.

Enjoy.

Sul.

SG_Net_Speed_2k.au3

Works good :)

Only down side is that it isn't visible in Alt-Tab, but ah well... I could fix that myself if I wanted that :)

Yeah, interresting script. Thanks.

Edit:

Oh, I just thought of this now. It also works in Vista, cause I tested it in there. ^_^

Edited by Triblade

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

Yeah, there is a lot of room for enhancement. I only need it occasionally, so I never did much with it. But it is possibly worthwhile example of how to implement it into a larger project, like the dashboard one in this forum.

One thing is for sure, it works very well in 2k where there is no default way to do what it does.

Later,

Sul.