Help: Step by step guide to modifying USB Drivers

Hi Guys,

I am new and willing to learn.

One of the guys on the MP3car forum said this what I need to do.

You need to search for AutoIT and follow the step by step guide on writing "drivers" for your USB devices to automatically disable before standby and then re-enable upon wakeup. This will prevent your mac mini accidentally being woken up by one of your USB devices (plus it helps conserve your car's battery).

Ok found Autoit and downloaded the latest version and installed it on Vista 64.

Then searched for the step by step guide but have not been able to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Glynn

Edited by Firebird2

Hi Guys,

You need to search for AutoIT and follow the step by step guide on writing "drivers" for your USB devices to automatically disable before standby and then re-enable upon wakeup. This will prevent your mac mini accidentally being woken up by one of your USB devices (plus it helps conserve your car's battery).

Cheers Glynn

On your... Mac Mini?!!! :)

AutoIt doesn't run on OSX. It's Windows specific.

Did you hack Windows on to a Mac Mini (Talk about downgrade!)?

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi Guys,

Cheers Glynn

In the case of the person who recommended that route, THAT scenario refers to running XP (assuming dual-boot or VM since he says he's "running leopard on mac mini with XP installed"). Do you have XP installed on your target system? There isn't an AutoIt port for a Mac.

If you are running XP on your Mini, then I think what you'd actually want to search for would be something along the lines of shutting off certain services or such when the system goes into standby.

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

On your... Mac Mini?!!! :)

AutoIt doesn't run on OSX. It's Windows specific.

Did you hack Windows on to a Mac Mini (Talk about downgrade!)?

:P

Not really a hack, running Bootcamp. The Mac Mini is in my car, as no makes any GPS mapping software or decent frontend for that matter I run windows.

Cheers