DLL Call

• Moderators

why did you post THREE!!!!! times???

that is a sure fired way to get a bunch of smart ass answers instead of useful answers.

I'm quite sure he didn't intend to post it 3 times, if you look at the times of posts, they were really close together which means he probably had a lag in posting.

@OP, I deleted the other two.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

i get a value of "0"

Try this:

$dll = DllOpen("FFACE.dll")
$result = DllCall($dll, "int", "GetPlayerHPMax", "int", 0, "int", 0)
msgbox(0, "", $result[0])  ; number of chars returned
DllClose($dll)

But i am not sure, i can not test it, also because i don't have FFACE.dll.

Spoiler

Using OS: Win 7 Professional, Using AutoIt Ver(s): 3.3.6.1 / 3.3.8.1

AutoIt_Rus_Community.png AutoIt Russian Community

My Work...

Spoiler

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngProjects: ATT - Application Translate Tool {new}| BlockIt - Block files & folders {new}| SIP - Selected Image Preview {new}| SISCABMAN - SciTE Abbreviations Manager {new}| AutoIt Path Switcher | AutoIt Menu for Opera! | YouTube Download Center! | Desktop Icons Restorator | Math Tasks | KeyBoard & Mouse Cleaner | CaptureIt - Capture Images Utility | CheckFileSize Program

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngUDFs: OnAutoItErrorRegister - Handle AutoIt critical errors {new}| AutoIt Syntax Highlight {new}| Opera Library! | Winamp Library | GetFolderToMenu | Custom_InputBox()! | _FileRun UDF | _CheckInput() UDF | _GUIInputSetOnlyNumbers() UDF | _FileGetValidName() UDF | _GUICtrlCreateRadioCBox UDF | _GuiCreateGrid() | _PathSplitByRegExp() | _GUICtrlListView_MoveItems - UDF | GUICtrlSetOnHover_UDF! | _ControlTab UDF! | _MouseSetOnEvent() UDF! | _ProcessListEx - UDF | GUICtrl_SetResizing - UDF! | Mod. for _IniString UDFs | _StringStripChars UDF | _ColorIsDarkShade UDF | _ColorConvertValue UDF | _GUICtrlTab_CoverBackground | CUI_App_UDF | _IncludeScripts UDF | _AutoIt3ExecuteCode | _DragList UDF | Mod. for _ListView_Progress | _ListView_SysLink | _GenerateRandomNumbers | _BlockInputEx | _IsPressedEx | OnAutoItExit Handler | _GUICtrlCreateTFLabel UDF | WinControlSetEvent UDF | Mod. for _DirGetSizeEx UDF

AutoIt_Icon_small.pngExamples: 
ScreenSaver Demo - Matrix included | Gui Drag Without pause the script | _WinAttach()! | Turn Off/On Monitor | ComboBox Handler Example | Mod. for "Thinking Box" | Cool "About" Box | TasksBar Imitation Demo

Like the Projects/UDFs/Examples? Please rate the topic (up-right corner of the post header: Rating AutoIt_Rating.gif)

* === My topics === *

==================================================
My_Userbar.gif
==================================================

AutoIt is simple, subtle, elegant. © AutoIt Team

I tried it but the code you provided just stalled and closed. Then i tried it with int:cdecl and it still came back as "0"

I read used PE Explore on the dll and found that it entry point is "10002DF0h" and the index is "105" can i use this information?

Edited by onestcoder

Need a website: http://www.iconixmarketing.com

i get a value of "0" when i should get "782"

I am assuming it has to do with this http://calamity-ls.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page DLL/project.

As I have no active FFXI subscription at the moment, I cannot fully test it, but try this.

$running = DllCall($dll, "int", "InitFFACE") ;Initialize the DLL. Will return false if FFXI isnt running.
if @error = 0 Then ; Check for errors
    if $running[0] Then ;Check to see if FFXI is running.
        $result = DllCall($dll, "int", "GetPlayerHPMax") ;If it is, lets call our function.
        if @error= 0 Then 
            MsgBox(0, "", $result[0])  ;Display our Max HP
        EndIf
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "Couldnt Find FFXI", "FFXI Is NOT Running")  ; FFXI wasnt running, lets inform ourselves :)
    EndIf
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Some Error Occured", "@error = " + @error) ; An error occured, lets display the error number.
EndIf

DllClose($dll)
Edited by Insomniac

I am assuming it has to do with this http://calamity-ls.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page DLL/project.

As I have no active FFXI subscription at the moment, I cannot fully test it, but try this.

$running = DllCall($dll, "int", "InitFFACE") ;Initialize the DLL. Will return false if FFXI isnt running.
if @error = 0 Then ; Check for errors
    if $running[0] Then ;Check to see if FFXI is running.
        $result = DllCall($dll, "int", "GetPlayerHPMax") ;If it is, lets call our function.
        if @error= 0 Then 
            MsgBox(0, "", $result[0])  ;Display our Max HP
        EndIf
    Else
        MsgBox(0, "Couldnt Find FFXI", "FFXI Is NOT Running")  ; FFXI wasnt running, lets inform ourselves :)
    EndIf
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Some Error Occured", "@error = " + @error) ; An error occured, lets display the error number.
EndIf

DllClose($dll)

I gave this a try and I didnt get an error, but it still returns a "0" :)

:P

Damn, now I gotta reactivate my FFXI account, just to try and fix this..... :)

the VB.net code looks like this: i dont know it this helps.

Public Declare Ansi Function HPMax Lib "FFACE.dll" Alias "GetPlayerHPMax" () As Integer

-

Edited by onestcoder

after a few hours of patching FFXI I finally got up and running.

Ran my version of the script once, and it output the expected number (108 I think it was, yes my char is a noob^^)

One last thing to check: Did you make sure you got the latest version of the DLL and that you were actually logged in to the game properly?

after a few hours of patching FFXI I finally got up and running.

Ran my version of the script once, and it output the expected number (108 I think it was, yes my char is a noob^^)

One last thing to check: Did you make sure you got the latest version of the DLL and that you were actually logged in to the game properly?

I have the right version of the dll, but I use Windower Version 3.3 to log into FFXI. I was fully logged in. How did you log in?

the "normal" way, through POL

I got it working Wooot!! Thank You Insomniac.

HAve you had a chance to look at the GetTarGetName function.

Is there away to get the text back? I don't understand the buffer ref int size...

[DllImport("FFACE.dll", EntryPoint = "GetTargetName")]
public static extern void sName(byte[] buffer, ref int size);

public static string Name()
{
    int s = 20;
    byte[] b = new byte[21];
    sName(b, ref s);
    return System.Text.Encoding.ASCII.GetString(b, 0, s - 1);
}

-