[FTP] Password validate - need your help =)

vir4s

Hey I just created a script for download files and database for it (update.dat same like autoit updater).

All is working but I can easy check sending packets and see the url for my database and see it...

So everybody can go there and check the passwords, thats my problem.

I just used chmod and only after login to FTP I can see this file and check passwords...

So I have idea to write chmods for file and add code to my script for checking it, so connect to FTP(remember chmods are on) check this file and then check password which I writed in my script ---> close connection.

If user writed working ID and PW then he can download it, if not script is closing(Im done it too).

So I just need your help fot connect to ftp and check this file.

I'll very thx.

vir4s

(sorry for my english Im just so young and Im not from UK/USA :))

Edited by vir4s

• Developers

If somebody understands your issue and has an answer they will post it .... no need to bump so quickly or PM :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

You're AutoIt developer and you dont know how to connect to FTP and allow script to check file (my upload.dat which has chmod):)?

EDIT : Chmod = 700

Not sure what you are implying, but I do understand how FTP works and also understand CHMOD's purpose, but have no idea what you are asking....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok read man :

1. I have a database secured by chmods ( you know, I can see it only by FTP connection, cant example go to www.mypage.com/update.dat and see it, I MUST use FTP).

Chmod 700 = You can see, edit or delete this file only if you're owner of this server.

2. I have a script.

I need to write correct ID nad Password for download my file (my ID and Password is stored in my DATABASE (read 1st point).

3. My script can't connect with my database because my database is secured by chmods, so I need to connect to it by FTP server. So I need your help for connect to it and read this file.

Which point dont you understand boss :)?

Please let me know.

Edited by vir4s