_GuiCtrlListView_Create and tabs

covaks

I've figured it out after some experimentation.

If any mods see this post, please delete it, if I'm allowed to request that.

If not, for anyone that stumbles in here while looking for help with creating listviews on tabs. Try using GuiCtrlCreateListView to create your listviews when working with tabs, instead of _GuiListView_Create. You can use all the _GuiCtrlListView_* functions just fine afterwards. Use _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle to set those nifty options.

Edited by covaks

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, have the same problem.

The _GUICtrlListView_Create function seems to go wrong when using in tabs. The control shows through all tabs instead only in the one you want it in.

The drawback is that you have to use this command for certain other usermade ListView functions. :D

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

Yeah, have the same problem.

The _GUICtrlListView_Create function seems to go wrong when using in tabs. The control shows through all tabs instead only in the one you want it in.

The drawback is that you have to use this command for certain other usermade ListView functions. :D

Far as I know there is only one function that works with _GUICtrlListView_Create that doesn't work with GuiCtrlCreateListview.

The rest work on both.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Because when I want to use GUICtrlCreateListViewItem I have to have the ControlID, but I only get the handle from _GUICtrlListView_Create. (Yes, I know _GUICtrlListView_AddItem exists)

But then again, this may be my own incompetence of not knowing how to convert the handle to a ControlID...

It's probably my own fault for trying to mix the great UDF and AutoIt native functions :D

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

The question was - what do you need _GUICtrlListView_Create for.

The answer should be - nothing.

GUICtrlCreateListView works just FINE with the GuiListView UDF. Actually, it's more reliable than _GUICtrlListView_Create (for example, Item dragging is just messed up with _GUICtrlListView_Create as of v3.2.10.0). Plus all the perks of native functions.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"