_IEGetObjByName() or _IEGetObjById() not an option

fhanna

I have a webpage in which I want to click on a View Document button. There is no shortcut key, and the hmtl code only reflects a Value="View Document", ie not Name or ID paramter. I could not find a _IEGetObjByValue() function in IE.au3

How can I click on this button?

Thank you.

Is it in a form? Then _IEFormElementGetCollection. Else, _IETagnameGetCollection and _IEAction with click.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Is it in a form? Then _IEFormElementGetCollection. Else, _IETagnameGetCollection and _IEAction with click.

Dale

I continue to marvel at your fast response and support of your IE functions.

Yes, it is a form and have tried your suggestion. Not sure of my logic so here it is.

$oCollections = IEFormElementGetColletion($oIE)

$iNumCollections = @extended

_IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, $iNumCollections -1)

It clicks on the first link as opposed to the button which is the last link. Any further comments are greatly appreciated.

Suggest you run some of the example in the help file.

Form elements and links are different things.

_IEFormElementGetColletion takes a form object for input not the browser...

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Suggest you run some of the example in the help file.

Form elements and links are different things.

_IEFormElementGetColletion takes a form object for input not the browser...

Dale

Tank you for your advice. I utilize the postings for examples. Where can I find the help files you mention? I am familiar with the IE.au3 directory but no actual examples without quering the posts.

"AutoIt HelpFile" in the AutoIt group in your Windows Start menu. It is very well done for everything (not just IE. au3 :) )

Dale