XSkin

Does anyone have the deobfuscated code for EzSkin.au3? I need this because I want to change the file names from 0.bmp to for example R0.bmp because I made a separate library of images and I want my program to be able to load different kinds of skins, either the one that I created it with, or the edited images.

Edited by chssoccer

Does anyone have the deobfuscated code for EzSkin.au3? I need this because I want to change the file names from 0.bmp to for example R0.bmp because I made a separate library of images and I want my program to be able to load different kinds of skins, either the one that I created it with, or the edited images.

If you will post your skin, I will add it to the others, that would be easier ( EzSkin ) remember?

8)

NEWHeader1.png

If you will post your skin, I will add it to the others, that would be easier ( EzSkin ) remember?

8)

Of course this thread would beg the question "Why do we use obfuscated code?" :)

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Of course this thread would beg the question "Why do we use obfuscated code?" :)

Probably the same reason why AutoIt isn't open source anymore. People would steal chunks of code out of it and then place it in their own commerical programs and sell them for money without giving any credit to the autoit team.

Having people tear apart a program's source so that they can use it in their own program because they are too lazy to write actual original code themselvesl probably pisses the developers off a bit. Especially when they start making money off other peoples' work.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

Probably the same reason why AutoIt isn't open source anymore. People would steal chunks of code out of it and then place it in their own commerical programs and sell them for money without giving any credit to the autoit team.

Having people tear apart a program's source so that they can use it in their own program because they are too lazy to write actual original code themselvesl probably pisses the developers off a bit. Especially when they start making money off other peoples' work.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

I think @Valuater is well aware of why I put the :) at the end of the line. Code obfuscation is used to protect source. If you obfuscated the code to protect it then why would you post an un-obfuscated version?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

I think @Valuater is well aware of why I put the :) at the end of the line. Code obfuscation is used to protect source. If you obfuscated the code to protect it then why would you post an un-obfuscated version?

The best reason why I can think that he did this is to prove to people that his code isn't malicious because if you go through the code you don't see a bunch of FileDelete(), RegDelete(), RegWrite(), FileOpen('',2), etc. functions.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

"So man has sown the wind and reaped the world. Perhaps in the next few hours there will no remembrance of the past and no hope for the future that might have been." & _"All the works of man will be consumed in the great fire after which he was created." & _"And if there is a future for man, insensitive as he is, proud and defiant in his pursuit of power, let him resolve to live it lovingly, for he knows well how to do so." & _"Then he may say once more, 'Truly the light is sweet, and what a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to see the sun.'" - The Day the Earth Caught Fire

8)

Umm..what is the point of adding it to the others when I just said that I wanted a way to load 2 different skins instead of being stuck with just one. If there is some way you can help me to do this then I have no need for the unobfuscated code, just need a way to do this. :)

The best reason why I can think that he did this is to prove to people that his code isn't malicious because if you go through the code you don't see a bunch of FileDelete(), RegDelete(), RegWrite(), FileOpen('',2), etc. functions.

- The Kandie Man ;-)

Now there is food for thought.

First thought is "@Valuater (AutoIt MVP)"

Second thought is "@Valuater has almost 7900 posts"

Third thought is "Although he may look like a criminal in the profile picture, he has never written anything except excellent code"

Fourth thought is "There is no onus on anyone to release source code(From the posting rules)"

Now if @Valuater had 7 posts instead of over 7000 then I might get concerned unless of course the first 6 were excellent.

George

Now there is food for thought.

First thought is "@Valuater (AutoIt MVP)"

Second thought is "@Valuater has almost 7900 posts"

Third thought is "Although he may look like a criminal in the profile picture, he has never written anything except excellent code"

Fourth thought is "There is no onus on anyone to release source code(From the posting rules)"

Now if @Valuater had 7 posts instead of over 7000 then I might get concerned unless of course the first 6 were excellent.

So you're accusing me of thinking his code is malicious? What a lameass...

I used his code before and I continue to ask a simple question of how can I choose to load two different skins instead of being limited to one?

Umm..what is the point of adding it to the others ...

To give a little when all you want is to take!

.. when I just said that I wanted a way to load 2 different skins instead of being stuck with just one.

Where???

If there is some way you can help me to do this then I have no need for the unobfuscated code, just need a way to do this...

Post your code, then we can help place button. actions etc.

I need this because I want to change the file names from 0.bmp to for example R0.bmp

Why?

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Thanks for the comments GEOSoft and Kandie Man!!

From PM

I mean like the I designed two skins. And I want to program in my script which out of the two to load. For example, when I run my script it will have two buttons, one containing one of my edited skins, and the other button containing the other edited skin. Depending on which button I click it will load the skin that is associated with that button and I need to know how to program that into EzSkin.

same answer, post your code

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Careful where you go with this. If you notice my reply was to a statement made by The Kandie man regarding malicious code. Not to you.

Note to self: FC3A784A650C2F4D6E5B7B58CDA1DE6C49B63E558E1824E150AE900D27B12E5F83D73494DBC8307433AE510288A9D3955674

661668A9

George

I used his code before and I continue to ask a simple question of how can I choose to load two different skins instead of being limited to one?

If you don't like the answers you have been given then to bad. He doesn't have to share his code, he's given you an option.

*Click*

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.