Help :: windows Message codes

rohit

Hi...I have problems understanding the windows message codes.... :blink:

For eg :: Double Click - Right Click In A List Example(By gessler) :: Can anyone please explain the WM_NOTIFY function :P

Help file is informative but i still cannot get the perfect picture,,.....

Can anyone give me some links on the web.....Thanx :)

It is not difficult to search for WM_NOTIFY. But since you didn't look at this.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

You don't understand how the WM_NOTIFY function is being called right? it starts with:

GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY")

WM_NOTIFY is sent by Windows, your operating system. When the program recieves it, it calls the function, which is what the GuiRegisterMsg function tells it to do.

Windows sends these messages out to all kinds of programs to tell them what's happening. It helps you can actually see it all in action... Try this if you want to understand. Download Winspector: http://www.windows-spy.com/

Run it, then open notepad. In Winspector grab the little target thingy in the top left of the window, and drag it over to notepad and let go. In Winspector a process will become highlighted in the left pane, right click on it and choose Messages. Then you can see all the messages that notepad is receiving. Then you can msdn/google up the messages you see to understand what they mean now that you are seeing them in action.

Ya... but my problem is that i cannot understand how the function is called in that example .... :P

Can anyone just briefly explain that example?? :)

Ah I see. Sorry, I see what you were after now. Hopefully covaks' post has helped more than mine.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.