SciTE latest version

You have the latest versions of Scite4AutoIt (1st image) and Scite itself (2nd image). Scite is a core component of Scite4AutoIt and the version dates will differ.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

The included SciTE program is the version as released by Neil Hodgson and is not related the the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer version which, as pointed out by the others, contains SciTE and many more utilities to make your live easier when scripting .... :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I disagree. I think there's something off with the versions right now. Nothing matches what is stated on the Scite4AutoIt3 page. If you download any of the files (installer, or individual files) the versions don't match what's printed. It looks like the page was updated, but the files were not. Quick checks I did for the download packages -

Scite - 1.74

AutoIt3Wrapper(GUI) - 1.9.4.0

au3.keyword.properties - 3.2.8.0 (shown if you open the file)

Tidy - 2.0.22.0

If you check the download page, all these versions are wrong. So what's going on? It doesn't make sense that these files were updated and ALL the versions numbers were mistakenly not changed. Even the history page has not been updated.

• Developers

I disagree. I think there's something off with the versions right now. Nothing matches what is stated on the Scite4AutoIt3 page. If you download any of the files (installer, or individual files) the versions don't match what's printed. It looks like the page was updated, but the files were not. Quick checks I did for the download packages -

Scite - 1.74

AutoIt3Wrapper(GUI) - 1.9.4.0

au3.keyword.properties - 3.2.8.0 (shown if you open the file)

Tidy - 2.0.22.0

If you check the download page, all these versions are wrong. So what's going on? It doesn't make sense that these files were updated and ALL the versions numbers were mistakenly not changed. Even the history page has not been updated.

Sometimes I release an update on a single utility without updating the whole package so it could be that the versions shown on the Downloadpage for the separate utilities aren't what's in the installer.

The History page reflects the changes in the Installer. Everything will be insync soon when I have the new installer ready.

Your observation doesn't have anything to do with the OP's observations which I explained .. there isn't much to disagree there I would think.

Anything else ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, neither the whole package or the individual downloads all match the version numbers posted on the page.

I guess (after checking again) that Tidy is close (2.0.23.1 vs 2.0.23.0 as posted). But AutoIt3Wrapper posted version number is wrong, as is the au3.keyword.properties file (at least as far as the version number contained in the file).

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, as the work you've done is awesome. I'm just saying I'm as confused as the OP is as to what's actually been updated. No worries if the new installer is on it's way of course.

Edited by wraithdu

• Developers

I welcome comments/suggestions on this freeware product anything but am sometimes less tolerant when somebody hops on this forum and the first thing he/she does is make these type of statements. I am putting a lot of time in updating all utilities and installer and to be honest sometimes get frustrated by the fact how easy people complain about "in my mind" trivial things.

This is just so you understand where I am coming from and again I know it isn't all perfect and do appreciate suggestions/comments etc to improve things.

Merry Christmas :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I can really see where you're coming from in regards to this dude.. Just want to let you know that I sincerely believe that the SciTE package you maintain is among the best development environments -at all- ! It is extremely fast & lightweight while at the same time it manages to contain many of the features that 100MB+ IDE's such as Eclipse for Java (that i use extensively these days so not just pulling this out of thin air!) have great trouble implementing cleanly!

Merry Christmas & thanks for a job well done Jos :)

Sunaj

I welcome comments/suggestions on this freeware product anything but am sometimes less tolerant when somebody hops on this forum and the first thing he/she does is make these type of statements. I am putting a lot of time in updating all utilities and installer and to be honest sometimes get frustrated by the fact how easy people complain about "in my mind" trivial things.

This is just so you understand where I am coming from and again I know it isn't all perfect and do appreciate suggestions/comments etc to improve things.

Merry Christmas :P

Jos

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I apologize if my comment came off so negatively. It was not my intention and I'm sorry. Along with everyone else who uses your addon, I'm very appreciative of your work. I'll be waiting patiently (from now on) for your updates. Again, my sincerest apologies for offending you.

Merry Christmas!!

• Developers

No worries... just need to get it off my chest every now and then as well and probably wasn't fair to dump it all on you.

Lets forget it and move on.. :)

I am currently working on making the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer "Vista proof" and we started doing testing.

My plan is to release it as Beta (separate download) before Friday after which I will be gone for a week skiing. This will allow people to do some testing with the many changes that are made in this release to the Lua scripts by valik and the Vista compliance changes.

Then after this week I will pickup any issues and work on them before releasing it as Production.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.