storing things in memory

erezlevi

hi,

how can i store a string in the memory? i tried to understand the use of: _MemVirtualAlloc, but coudln't make it work,

is there another way? I want to store a string contained within $i, to memory structure and to get the pointer address so

another application can go there and retrieve it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also interested in this. I am writing 2 scripts. The first, will be used to "queue" up the ISO images to be burned, the second script will take those iso images that need to be burned, control a Primera composer to move the robots/disc's into place, and use image burn to burn the iso to disc.

I was thinking of using a INI file with the array that i create in script 1 and save that, then have script 2 go out and read the array info from the INI file to get it's task. of course i would have to install some locking mechanism so that both scripts can't access the ini file at the same time, but... if there is a way to copy the array into memory, and lock the memory, and read from the appropriate location, that then that will save on allot of harddisk churn, and be much faster.

Please enlighten us noobs on the easier method if you would.

thanks.