Script that make a formatation of a disk

Caaio

Hi guys,

I'm would like to know, if there is any script that is already done, that make the fast formatation from a hard disk without make any question to me. I really tried to make a BAT file, but i could't have success. I would like if there is any script that make that!

Thanks who can help me.

Regards

Hi,

how many PCs you want to format? Why scripting and not doing it by hand?

You can search the forum there should be some scripts. :)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

how many PCs you want to format? Why scripting and not doing it by hand?

You can search the forum there should be some scripts. :)

So long,

Mega

Hi Mega,

I want this script to format just one computer. I want that to do every week, and I would like to try to do it automatic!

I could not find any script that make that! Can you show me one, please?!

Thanks and regards.

Sounds like you might want to look into some kind of imaging program. Check out http://www.feyrer.de/g4u/

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Format C:\ -y

or

format C:\ /y

Y means yes answer

Hello guys,

thanks for your tip au3scr... but it's not worked!

And Spook, I don't want to "clone" my PC (hehe), I want to format my hard disk quick, and I want to pull the questions like if I really want to format or what will be the name of the disk after format!

And for sure it's a slave driver!

Any help will be welcome!

Thanks.

Edited by Caaio

• Developers

.. now tell me why you would want to format your C: drive when you are running the script from it ?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I don't want to format my C:, I want to format another hard disk for backup questions. I work in a company that I'm responsable for the backup, and I would like to have a script that make this format withou I had to go to the computer every week and make that with my hands.... that's the reason!

Regards.

Its not a question of difficulty. He just wants it automated. You don't need AutoIt for this though.

You can use at.exe or schtasks.exe from the command line to create a task on a schedule.

schtasks.exe /Create /SC WEEKLY /ST 11:00:00 /TN AutoFormat /TR "format D: /y"

/SC WEEKLY - Run the task weekly

/ST 23:00:00 - Start the task at 11pm

/TN AutoFormat - This is just an identifier name, it can be anything

/TR "format D: /y" - The command to run

For more help run schtasks /? or schtasks /create /? from the command line

BTW - You can't call format like this "format e: -y" or "format e: y". It has to be "format e: /y"

EDIT - fixed mispelling

Edited by weaponx