comd.exe - program done?

Guest lucindrea

Guest lucindrea

ok i have done a few searches and havent been able to come up with what i want to do ..

basicly i'm running a command in a dos shell and it scrolls by going 10.1% 10.2% , etc up untill 99% .. it never acctully shows 100% , what happens is that it goes from 98% ish ( doesnt show every 0.1% , just what ever it's up to every 1 second ) then prints out a "DONE!" ...

the problem i have is that this can take 30 seconds to go from 0% to 100% , or it can take 10 mins ... i need to be able to monitor the cmd window and wait for the DONE! to come up so i can go on to the next part of the autoit script.

is their a simple way to do this? , if not checking for the DONE! , perhaps their is a way to monitor the process and if it uses less then 1% cpu i can concider it finished , of course i havent a clue how to do that either or if it's even possable.

I'm also a big fan of checking the errorlevel returns in addition to the process existence -- trapping the return from the runwait will ensure that you got a DONE!, rather than FAILED!!

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Yeah, lucindrea. Try to cast your program and check its exitlevel value, (if any) with

echo %errorlevel%

So you can use it the script

E.g.

$el = RunWait('myprogram.exe')
Select
   Case $el = 1
      msgbox(0,'Faliure','Gasp. Something goes wrong!')
   Case $el = 0
      msgbox(0,'Success','Love it.')
   Case Else
      msgbox(0,'Well.. Dunno..','I can't tell')
EndSelect

Edit: fixed. Thanks sugi.

Edited by ezzetabi