Animated GIFs with SplashImageOn?

I've been using SplashImageOn for some time now and it's very handy. However, tried using an animated GIF this morning. But the GIF didn't work; the image remained stuck on one of the frames.

Is there some code or other we need to add to make this work, or is it a no-go?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

check this HERE

the only way to make animated splash is to make a series of frame images and put each image to splash and set the time-out to 0 or 1

but u wouldn't like that

Edited by star2

[quote]Baby you're all that I want, When you're lyin' here in my armsI'm findin' it hard to believe, We're in heavenAnd love is all that I need , And I found it there in your heartIt isn't too hard to see, We're in heaven .Bryan Adams[/quote].............................................................................[u]AUTOIT[/u]

check this HERE

the only way to make animated splash is to make a series of frame images and put each image to splash and set the time-out to 0 or 1

but u wouldn't like that

Interesting.

Re the other post, re the special effects using Prospeed ( http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38549 ) are promising. If I can one day figure out how to use Prospeed, at this stage not so critical that aniGIFs not supported. Shame, that, however. But in the meantime, a prospeed solution will work for my current text with effects needs.

Thanks for this info. I did a search on the forums but nothing came up. I see that pertinent thread titles don't always include "animated GIFs" <vbg>. :)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

You could nick my splash stuff out of my signature and modify it to use the ie method

Thanks for the info. That was a neat, new UDF (I believe they're called UDFs?) to add to my "include" folder. Works pretty neat. But you lost me with this: "nick my splash stuff out of my signature ...", I don't see what you mean. I don't see any "signature", unless by that you mean something that isn't showing here (?).

The info in the thread you provide is pretty neat. I actually couldn't find any working example of a GUI box with an image, though, the syntax of at any rate. The example in that thread prompts you for an animated gif and then dumps it into a gui box that does get pulled up, but nowhere do you see the actual code of that (again, by a noob's stnadards). I'm hoping that your signature includes an actual example. Scrolling through the actual links in the signature portion below that you provide, nothing came up there that I could see, fit the bill.

Thanks. :)

He meant this link in his signature

_SplashTextWithGraphicOn()

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

He meant this link in his signature

_SplashTextWithGraphicOn()

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. I wasn't sure that's what he meant, but I did go through the links before but didn't find the answer so assumed I was on the wrong track. I modified again the script on that link to this:

#include "_SplashTextWithGraphic.au3"

$graphic = @ScriptDir & "\Animated GIF- spiral.gif"
$text = @crlf & "This is my test text with a graphic"

$var = _SplashTextWithGraphicOn("SplashText With Graphic",$text,1200,400,-1,-1,$graphic,110,5,0,0,32,"",48)
If $var > 0 then ConsoleWrite("_SplashTextWithGraphicOn() had error " & $var & @crlf)
Sleep (5000)
_SplashTextWithGraphicOFF()
Unless I've done something horribly wrong, the animated GIFs still don't work with this script either. They're just static images.

So although the other thread talks about a script to input an animated GIF that does work and shows an animated graphic within a GUI, I can't figure out the syntax to just actually place the path to an animated GIF right from the beginning rather than prompting for an image then displaying it -- a process which doesn't show the actual working syntax.

Thanks!

[p.s., my computer at home is down so having trouble getting online until I fix it. Thanks.]

And how about the long way around displaying the .gif in an embedded internetexplorer window? Just make the browser 100% width and height of the picture.

I'd like animated gif as well supported in the gui, but if they won't I'll have to live with it.

But try my suggestion and let me know :)

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

How about this:

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <IE.au3>

_IEErrorHandlerRegister ()

$oIE = _IECreateEmbedded ()
GUICreate("Embedded Web control Test", 350, 275,-1, -1, _
        $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 350, 275)

GUISetState()       ;Show GUI

_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.animated-gifs.eu/horror-pirates-flags/0010.gif")

; Waiting for user to close the window
While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
        Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit

How about this:

Yeah :)

That is exacly what I mean!

I didn't feel like makeing the example, but that's a very nice one.

You can also use files from your own computer ofcourse. :P

It's not the best programmer's way, but at least it's the best way around the problem that I can think of. Unless somebody can hack/use a dll in some dark way unknown to me :blink:

BTW, annoying flag hehe.

[back online. <g>]

Yes, that's a great workaround! This worked for me by modifying URL path to a path to a GIF on the hdd, though the box is much bigger than the image (one would have to edit the measurements for the GUIs):

#include <IE.au3>

_IENavigate ($oIE, @UserProfileDir & "\Favorites\01\EM\0-Email aniGIFs\ani.Email 01.gif")

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

ExitoÝ÷ Øö­Ëhjx [.²)àIÊâ¦Ðâ¯
.ÖÞy«2¶¬zÚ(ëZªç¬¶*'­ëayú%uêéjØl#¬+ÞØ^³)íkè®ëÂ+a%ùZ²k÷}Ò-ßÛ-Âbë!£¯z±èÃ
.Ú'z)Ü¢ºh­«^¶­{az­Ú-á©ò¢w¤åv­Ì§µ¬bØb±Æ¬z+%G­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍÔÜXQ]HHÝ[ÓY
ØÜBÚ[^XÝ]J  ÌÍÔÜXQ]H    [È ][ÝÉÌLÑÔTPÔÉÌLÐ[QÒQÉÌLÝÝÝËÚY][ÝÊ
Thanks. :) Edited by Diana (Cda)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to put it simply, if you don't know the path in advance and don't wanna let it ask for it, then it won't work.

What you can do is search for gif's in predefined drives. DriveGetDrive & FileFindFirstFile combo. (See help file on these functions)

But that could potentially give you unwanted results.

But then again, I could not understand the question very well.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, to put it simply, if you don't know the path in advance and don't wanna let it ask for it, then it won't work.

What you can do is search for gif's in predefined drives. DriveGetDrive & FileFindFirstFile combo. (See help file on these functions)

But that could potentially give you unwanted results.

But then again, I could not understand the question very well.

Hi, sorry for delay ... computer problems at home.

No, no, sorry you've misunderstood and I obviously didn't explain well enough. But since I posted this message initially, I seem to have undergone some sort of "accretion". Loosely like in "Colossus" or "Terminator", Star Trek's Nomad and V'ger, where tons of knowledge eventually may produce a state of self-awareness, etc., I seem to finally be distilling something out of all the damn long years of plugging away at this (even if only somehow subconsciously <g>). Half the time I still don't know what I'm doing but I am more often getting the results I want myself with regards to what is for me more complex AI scripting ... <lol> <sigh>

Here is how I got this to work, when before nothing did:

#include <IE.au3>

$PortableDrive = StringLeft(@ScriptDir, 2)
_IENavigate ($oIE, $PortableDrive & "\BACKUPS\AniGIFs- Emote\EMOTE_PLOTTING.gif")

While 1
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
    Select
            ExitLoop
    EndSelect
WEnd

GUIDelete()

Exit    ; finished
I recently managed to figure out how to get the double lines relating to this relative path syntax into scripts with a single line, accommodating those 2 lines. Up until recently, didn't have much luck with that. Anyway, end result is a relative path that will work on a USB flash drive.

i.e., the absolute path on my computer here at home to this aniGIF is:

Q:\BACKUPS\AniGIFs- Emote\EMOTE_PLOTTING.gif

and at the office it would be:

E:\BACKUPS\AniGIFs- Emote\EMOTE_PLOTTING.gif")

And notice that the $PortableDrive path variable above in new script means there is no drive letter involved. It's a great way to make scripts using this aniGIF code to work even on the Ufd.

Thanks! :D

• 4 months later...