PC Check-up *updated 3/1/08*

ashley

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AVG is AVGW.exe (in the App Paths Folder)

Kaspersky is very common... regularly voted highly.

BitDefender, Trend Micro, McAfee are common too.

On your previous post, what is your source for Norton being voted number 1? I have never seen it voted #1.

AVG is AVGW.exe (in the App Paths Folder)

Kaspersky is very common... regularly voted highly.

BitDefender, Trend Micro, McAfee are common too.

On your previous post, what is your source for Norton being voted number 1? I have never seen it voted #1.

kk thanks....

and i found the norton votd in a windows xp mag about 6 moths old. so it is probley out of date

@GEOSoft... i tryed this for notron:

RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\nisoptui.exe", "")oÝ÷ ٩ݶ¬~ðwhÂÇ^}éÝz¶®¶­sb&Vu&VBgV÷C´´UôÄô4ÅôÔ4äRb3#µ4ôeEt$Rb3#´Ö7&÷6ögBb3#µvæF÷w2b3#´7W'&VçEfW'6öâb3#´F2b3#´Õ447VæWRgV÷C²ÂgV÷C²gV÷C²

I cannot test the Avast! one but i know that the norton and widows defender dont work.

Did you make sure that the Reg values actually exist?

٩ݶ¬~ðwhÂÇ^} autoit tags!!!!

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

BETA Version Updated:

Update: AVG Added to BETA VERISON *30/12/07*

BugFix: Please insert disk in to drive disk Fixed. *30/12/07*

Temp: Check for un-wanted files removed*30/12/07*

Update: Checks all files at the same time ish. *30/12/07*

Please Re-download from first post.

Edited by ashley

@GEOsoft i dont know how too.. i have never use RegRead.

Perhaps you should start reading the help file ashley. Most of the answers to your questions are in there.

sorry and i dont know why it turned out encrypted. it wont when i posted.

It's not your fault, it's those bloody autoit tags again. That's why I just use the code tags. All the autoit tags really give you is colors and a headache. If people need the colors then they should be playing with crayons, not code. I never did like syntax coloring in any editor and if I can't turn it off then I won't use the editor.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Perhaps you should start reading the help file ashley. Most of the answers to your questions are in there.

It's not your fault, it's those bloody autoit tags again. That's why I just use the code tags. All the autoit tags really give you is colors and a headache. If people need the colors then they should be playing with crayons, not code. I never did like syntax coloring in any editor and if I can't turn it off then I won't use the editor.

Can't find my crayons, so I'll stick to the tags :)

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ashley, this is the worst piece of crap...

J/K. Nice work. You mentioned in another thread that this was coded in Notepad? Wow, i can't live without my Syntax Highlightieeee!

it was hard, i was surpised when my first version had no bugs... i could even check to see if it had... i was relining on what i can remember.

@everone... anything needs updating please tell me.

and has anybody teste BETA version

post updated code if you can, thanks.

Well... this is .. alright. So.. if I don't have Avast or Windows Defender my PC is not protected? Well, that's just balls.

You should start by trying to find which antivirus(es) are installed. This is a start:

Dim $SupportedApps = "Trend,McAfee,Nod32,Avast,Norton"; Add more AV's here, separate them with a comma (,)

Dim $MyApps = StringSplit($SupportedApps, ",")
Dim $InstalledAppsCount = 1
Dim $Found = 0

TrayTip("Scanning...", "Scanning registry for installed AntiVirus(es).", 5)

While 1

$SubKey = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $InstalledAppsCount)
    If @error Then ExitLoop

$DisplayName = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $SubKey, "DisplayName")

For $i = 1 To $MyApps[0]

If StringInStr($DisplayName, $MyApps[$i]) Then

$Found += 1
            If $DisplayName = "my antivirus "  Then ContinueLoop
            MsgBox(64, 'Found:', $DisplayName & @CRLF & 'Has been Found')

EndIf

Next

$InstalledAppsCount += 1

WEnd

And for god's sake, Sleep(Random(300, 2500)) won't make your script look cooler. It makes it slower and worse.