Do window styles latch?

qwert

I have been using DllCall("user32.dll" ... to try out various combinations of window styles (borders) as well as the capability to maximize and minimize the main window of a third-party application.

After a series of individual tests, the application window has now latched to a condition of having both the Maximize and the Minimize styles ON -- Get Style returns a hex value of 0x37038000 -- and the window does not display, although there is an taskbar entry for it. In addition to DllCalls, I've tried various combinations of GUISetState and WinSetState to clear the settings, but the application appears stuck. Yet it's still running and status checks work -- they just always return 0x37038000.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there a way to reset the window without having to restart the application?

Thanks for any help.

I have been using DllCall("user32.dll" ... to try out various combinations of window styles (borders) as well as the capability to maximize and minimize the main window of a third-party application.

After a series of individual tests, the application window has now latched to a condition of having both the Maximize and the Minimize styles ON -- Get Style returns a hex value of 0x37038000 -- and the window does not display, although there is an taskbar entry for it. In addition to DllCalls, I've tried various combinations of GUISetState and WinSetState to clear the settings, but the application appears stuck. Yet it's still running and status checks work -- they just always return 0x37038000.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there a way to reset the window without having to restart the application?

Thanks for any help.

Haven't experienced this directly, but have had certain 3rd party applications end up in a similar state: "the window does not display, although there is an taskbar entry for it". Problem in each of those cases was the app had lost track of its last position and was opening off the viewable screen. A quick AutoIt WinMove() brought things back to their right state. Might help...?

A quick AutoIt WinMove() brought things back to their right state. Might help...?

Thanks for the reply. I hadn't thought of that possibility, but I'll add it to my "tool set".

What I discovered today is that if I set the window style to all zeros (0x00000000) and then reissue my normal style settings it will clear the Minimized/Maximized conflict and the window reappears. Although I don't understand why this works, I'll take it as a solution for the latched condition and will consider this issue resolved.