"Unsnoozing" AI reminder(s)?

Here's one that would be really cool to be able to do. I'm ready to head on home here from the office, but I know that I have 2 pending reminders (though I've forgotten exactly what they are). They're showing up as "AutoIt3.exe" entries in Task Manager and were put there by an input box with minutes that I believe just uses a sleep command.

Is there any global script that could be written to make any pending scripts "unsnooze", by any chance? Today's are not so critical, but it might come in handy one day to access them immediately back to their initial prompt box, at any rate.

Pls advise and thanks! :)

Edited by Diana (Cda)

I'm confused about what you are wanting.

You have already written a script that lets you enter a certain number of minutes and some text and it pops up later on?

Edited by weaponx

I'm confused about what you are wanting.

You have already written a script that lets you enter a certain number of minutes and some text and it pops up later on?

I think he wants a script to stop another script from sleeping :)

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

I don't know. It sounds like he has written an "alarm" script that pops a message and would like to simply hit "sleep" so it will reset for the next day.

Maybe use this for sleeping....or just make a GUI to stop it, lol

#include<Misc.au3>

Global $Month = 12
Global $Day = 28
Global $Hour = 21
Global $Minute = 43

_Sleep($Month, $Day, $Hour, $Minute)

Func _Sleep($Month = @MON, $Day = @MDAY, $Hour = @HOUR, $Minute = @MIN)
    Do
        If _IsPressed('10') And _IsPressed('be') Then; >
            MsgBox(0, "", "Working!")
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    ;         MsgBox(0, "", @MON & ":" & @MDay & ":" & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN)
    Until $Month = @MON And $Day = @MDAY And $Hour = @HOUR And $Minute = @MIN
    MsgBox(0, "", "Works")
EndFunc  ;==>_Sleep

Tested, and it works

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

If I remember correctly, the thread creator is one of those people who make little scripts all the time to learn. She probably made scripts that sleep X amount of minutes before having a msgbox pop up with a reminder. If she turns the computer off before the script displays the reminder, she still wants to be able to see them.

If I follow correctly, rather than making a separate script to do this, I think it would be best to set a hotkey within those scripts which will display the reminder immediately. Post the code of one of them and someone will probably be happy to show you what I mean.

Edited by Nevin

If I remember correctly, the thread creator is one of those people who make little scripts all the time to learn. She probably made scripts that sleep X amount of minutes before having a msgbox pop up with a reminder. If she turns the computer off before the script displays the reminder, she still wants to be able to see them.

If I follow correctly, rather than making a separate script to do this, I think it would be best to set a hotkey within those scripts which will display the reminder immediately. Post the code of one of them and someone will probably be happy to show you what I mean.

ahhh,

well, the coding I used would be the easiest way to do that, also, save the reminder to a file. ie... Reminder.txt, then when the computer resets, have it look for reminder.txt, see if the date has passed, and if it has...display it :)

Thanks everyone, for responding. My computer at has been down for several days now, so am relying on posting here at work.

Yes, the thing that happened is to get around limitations in all the portable schedulers that I've tried over the last couple of years, I ended up using the freeware PowerPro to launch scripts and the reminder system was all in the scripts themselves. Yes, tedious work but things became crazy last summer when I was floated around and have worked on about 8 different computers since then. It became impossible to continuously import all my reminders into Outlook each time and then remembering to take them out again; and, quite frankly, often didn't have the time to do either (which could me into trouble if I missed something important to do).

Theses scripts have a button to manually set them to "snooze" which is just another word to put them to "sleep" for x-number of minutes, chosen each time I set any of them to snooze.

This is not terribly urgent or important, but I am trying to make life just that much easier. Sometimes I have to reboot or switch off, etc., and I was wondering if there was a way to unhide all these sleeping scripts that remain dormant in the Task Manager, so that I could see what I may be missing before I just shut dow, etc..

I think the reminder.txt idea is really great; however, it would mean re-doing a system that is already working and that took some time to build to what it is now. Now that it works, it works like a dream. I plug in my USB flash drive and the instant I load the launcher, the scheduler is prompted and I just OK and I'm up and running! Despite the work involved in creating this system, the time it saves me is enormous! On a short 5-week contract I finished up 3 weeks ago, there was no setup time whatsoever! I was running immediately after sitting down and plugging in!

I'll understand if there is no such thing as an "unsleep" command in AutoIt and that can go through all sleeping AutoIt files and unhide them, but just thought I'd ask. If this doesn't exist, well, I'll just have to live with the occasional time when I'll lose my reminders <g>.

If I remember correctly, the thread creator is one of those people who make little scripts all the time to learn.

<rofl> No. Cute. I make scripts all the time to help me with work. I'd say that 95% of what I use AI for is work-related.

These days they've locked down computers completely, yet they demand from us more than ever before. Without the additional resources I bring to work via my USB flash drive, I'd be probably up to half as productive! I'm not kidding. I've come to rely on AI to get me out of fixes; and it's doing a tremendous job despite my inadequacies as a "programmer"! <g>

Almost without fail, any limitation I've found in anything I use, I can generally find a workaround with AutoIt, saving my sanity and my job <g>.

The most recent goal reached was to make up for the limitations of _all_ portable schedulers I'd tested over about a 2 year period or so. First off, most of the so-called portable schedulers were standalone apps and not true portables. A portable app must work independently of the host computer and not write anything to the host system. But in order for the portable app to work and why standalones often don't, is that they _must_ use relative paths due to the Windows limitation re drive letters. (My thumb drive happens to be on the E drive here at work and on the P drive at home but has also turned out to be other things elsewhere. Absolute paths in anything on the thumb make the process stop working right away.)

The freeware app that I use to launch said scripts is not a scheduler per se, but an extremely versatile button launcher type system called PowerPro that has a scheduling component that does have the ability to launch items using relative paths though it brings little power to the process other than correctly scheduling time and being relative path compatible. AI brings absolutely everything else to this "reminder" system, all the wonderful power and ease of use.

So whether it's a message type of reminder or a launching one, AutoIt gives me complete control over the entire process and even allows for the snoozing, something that is very important. Can't tell you how many times something as simple as going to pick up the mail upstairs from the mail pigeonholes has to be put off because I'm in the middle of a report for my boss, for example! The snooze feature in all these scripts sure comes in handy.

Cheers and Happy New Year! :)

Edited by Diana (Cda)