How to use _GUICtrlToolbar properly?

SupFlux

Hi dear helpers :-)

I want to add a button to an existing application that uses a ToolbarWindow32 component, like i.e. Outlook Express. So I think I can use the _GUICtrlToolbar* functions (from former Auto3Lib, now included in standard UDF) that come with AutoIt. I already handled to add separators and a new button to the toolbar (via _GUICtrlToolbar_AddButton function) but I do not know how I can handle clicks on that button.

It must (?) have something to do with the assigned CommandIDs, but they are not very well documented...

I also tried to setup a message loop, but never received any events from Outlook Express...

So I hope there is anyone out there, who can help me?

Thank you!

SupFlux

I haven't used this new toolbar stuff yet but I would start at AutoIt helpfile. There are nice examples at ALL functions also at UDFs ones.

AutoIt helpfile is very good start point all the time :-)

But if somebody will post nice/simple example here I will be happy to read it/learrn from it too.

Edited by Zedna

Meanwhile I got it nearly working. With GUIRegisterMsg() I registered for WM_COMMAND messages and changed (using _GUICtrlToolbar_SetParent()) the toolbars parent hWnd to my created Mini-Gui which is just meant as a receptor for those messages. So now I receive clicks on the toolbar and can handle them in my script. I still have to redelegate the catched messages to the original parent hWnd... hope that won´t be a problem.

I just don´t know if that is "the right" way to do it. Or if there is a different way intended that might be easier?

Thanks for your replies!

SupFlux