Memory Leak with IE

Beejai

Hi,

I'm using the _IE-Functions to create an IE automate Web Processes in it. I navigate, fill forms, submit, stuff like that.

Now i had to realize that the IE is taking up more and more memory (from Taskmanager). Every Click (navigate) nearly loose 1 MB on IE6. I did not find a solution in this board, so I restarted the IE every x clicks to avoid running out of memory.

Now my server provider switched to IE7, and the problem is nearly the same. Worse even, when restarting IE, it isn't even returning all the mem, so that solution does no longer work either.

1. Is there a known memory problem with IE when automated with autoit3?

2. Can I use the _IE-Functions with other browsers as well, which don't show this problem?

3. Any tips how I can work around that problem?

thanks for your help

beejai

Edited by Beejai

I know of no issues like this. IE.au3 uses the published COM API for IE.

I would suggest that you insure you have all available updates installed from Microsoft and that you remove all add-ins and toolbars etc to rule them out. Or, go to Start menu, Accessories, System Tools, Internet Explorer (no add-ons) and start it manually and see if you get similar results. Then use _IEAttach to attach to that instance with the _IE functions and see what happens.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 2 weeks later...

I know of no issues like this. IE.au3 uses the published COM API for IE.

The Problem sitll persists. But I found a way to work around it like I did with IE6. I was simply restarting too fast. Now I sleep a few seconds in between, then the mem is freed like in IE6.

The Problem sitll persists. But I found a way to work around it like I did with IE6. I was simply restarting too fast. Now I sleep a few seconds in between, then the mem is freed like in IE6.

Restarting *what* too fast? Put in a few seconds sleep between "what"?

thanks,

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• 4 weeks later...