GImageX COM

Bradley

I just started looking at GImageX and so far I love it. One problem I am running into, however, is the inability to connect to the COM object after instantiation. For instance, this works:

Set objWIM = WScript.CreateObject("GImageX.GImageXCtrl", "objWIM_")

as in the samples provided.

This, however, does not:

Set objWIM = WScript.CreateObject("GImageX.GImageXCtrl")

WScript.ConnectObject objWIM, "objWIM_"

Ultimately, I would like to use GImageX ActiveX with an HTA which requires connecting to the object after instantiation. This works with other ActiveX classes I have tried. I may not be describing this correctly but hopefully the code samples help. TIA.

I just started looking at GImageX and so far I love it. One problem I am running into, however, is the inability to connect to the COM object after instantiation. For instance, this works:

Set objWIM = WScript.CreateObject("GImageX.GImageXCtrl", "objWIM_")

as in the samples provided.

This, however, does not:

Set objWIM = WScript.CreateObject("GImageX.GImageXCtrl")

WScript.ConnectObject objWIM, "objWIM_"

Ultimately, I would like to use GImageX ActiveX with an HTA which requires connecting to the object after instantiation. This works with other ActiveX classes I have tried. I may not be describing this correctly but hopefully the code samples help. TIA.

Both your working and broken code is WScript, so how is this an AutoIt question...?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Both your working and broken code is WScript, so how is this an AutoIt question...?

I guess it is not, but isn't GImageX part of AutoIt? Is the a support forum for GImageX? If so, can you point me in the right direction since I cannot seem to find it?

I guess it is not, but isn't GImageX part of AutoIt? Is the a support forum for GImageX? If so, can you point me in the right direction since I cannot seem to find it?

Ah, I hadn't seen the topic where Jon posted the announcement.

I don't know if Jon meant to be supporting that here or not, so I'll just shut up now...

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law