always ask before opening this file

so I have some code written to do some uninstalls and installs. I have the script restarting the computer and firing back off via a 'run once' key. However, I am getting the dreaded 'always ask before opening this file' warning that is requiring user intervention. I can uncheck the box 'always allow' or whatever it was, but I don't know how to restore it once I get done with the installs. I'm ok with checking the box, but I do want to reset it once the install is over since it is exe's. I've googled every possible thing I coudl think of, but really couldn't come up with a solution. Please tell me someone in here has already found a cure!

Thanks!

...However, I am getting the dreaded 'always ask before opening this file' warning that is requiring user intervention...

You can use a tool like RegMon http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...ion/Regmon.mspx to see what changes when you manually uncheck that box...

...but it might be better to just use the Adlib func to deal with the window and never uncheck that option.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Start > Programs > AutoIt v3 > AutoIt Help File

then on the search tab enter Adlib

hit list topics

double click on the first one...

AdlibEnable and AdlibDisable are probably a better option than RegWrite.

The name of the function is just like its purpose. If (as an actor) you deviated from the script that you were given to read, it would be called an adlib. Within AutoIt3, you use AdlibEnable to name the function that will watch for the window that might show up. (Depending on how the user setup their computer.) An "adlib" from the norm - if you will.

The AdlibEnable function would handle the "...warning that is requiring user intervention..." that you mentioned in your first post. There is no need to mess with the registry, just have your script deal with the window the way a human should.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]