wmp volume help

I am trying to put together a simple script that would raise or lower the wmp volume if wmp exists. My searching only turns up how to control wmp if I CREATE the object, which doesn't seem to affect a wmp that is already open. So how do I do what I want?

Thanks.

Siao

It's actually F8/F9, in case anyone else sees this. This was an idea, however it wont work if wmp is minimized to the toolbar. Unless you know how to fix that, thanks anyway.

Dbak

I saw all of those already, however as I said, they are all creating their own object or embedding wmp in a gui. I need it to work on a wmp that is already open and I don't know how. Unless there is something I'm not doing correctly.

F8 is mute, at least in WMP9 which I have installed.

And for whatever reason sending to minimized WMP works fine if it's in Corporate skin mode.

Anyway, too bad it didn't work, I have no other ideas as I don't use this software, don't advise to use it, and generally don't think much of it.

"be smart, drink your wine"

Well If you could just make a GUI, embed your own wmp obj and then you went about making your app have a little library and a way to load songs you'd be set. Besides I want to see more media player developers (like myself) around here

[center][/center]

@Siao

They switched everything up on you in v11. It seems they moved everything down because F7 is mute now. And it does work when it's minimized in the "regular" way, but when it's minimized and set as a "toolbar" it does not work.

Can I send info (F8/F9) to the app without looking for the window title? I guess look for the app itself within all the apps running, and send to that?

I dived a little deeper into the help file and found ObjGet. I believe this will help in what I want to accomplish, (let me know if I'm wrong). But I'm getting an error in getting the WMP object. The error is -2147221020, as hex it comes out as 800401E. Does anyone know what is causing this error and how to fix it? ObjCreate works fine with the WMP in case that is going to be a question.

$oMP = ObjGet("WMPlayer.OCX")

if @error then 
  Msgbox (0,"WMP Test","Error Getting Object. Error code: " & @error)
  exit
endif

$oMP.settings.volume = 1