Need some help with Remote Execution

I'm trying to execute notepad on a remote computer so I can type up a message, here is my code so far....

; Input Box for the IP Address
$var1 = Inputbox ("IP", "What is the IP Address", "localhost" )

; Input box for the message to put
$var2 = InputBox ("Message", "Type your message", "Please Call IT")

; Run Notepad On Remote Machine

Run("\\$var1\\c$\windows\notepad.exe")

; Wait for the Notepad become active
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

; Now that the Notepad window is active type some text
Send("$var2 {ENTER}")

I alway get an error message like

Line -1:

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

The network path was not found.

I have no idea what I'm doing, so any help would be awesome. Thanks.

I'm trying to execute notepad on a remote computer so I can type up a message, here is my code so far....

; Input Box for the IP Address
$var1 = Inputbox ("IP", "What is the IP Address", "localhost" )

; Input box for the message to put
$var2 = InputBox ("Message", "Type your message", "Please Call IT")

; Run Notepad On Remote Machine

; Wait for the Notepad become active
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

; Now that the Notepad window is active type some text
Send("$var2 {ENTER}")

I alway get an error message like

Line -1:

Error: Unable to execute the external program.

The network path was not found.

I have no idea what I'm doing, so any help would be awesome. Thanks.

ok ima noob could the line

Run("\\$var1\\c$\windows\notepad.exe") be the problem particualy becuase of the C$

tbh i dont knwo im a noob here

cheers C.W

C.Wnew rules:1.dont use plz in a post or title use please instead2.always use help file as it is now muchly over rated3. dont think where not watching u4.please wait 24 hours after last post ot bump XD i use to make that mistake

ok ima noob could the line

Run("\\$var1\\c$\windows\notepad.exe") be the problem particualy becuase of the C$

tbh i dont knwo im a noob here

cheers C.W

even with the code like this

Run("\\$var1\notepad.exe")

I still get the same error message

mayb u need to open a remote log on the other computer b4 u try and do that once done execute the notepad

C.Wnew rules:1.dont use plz in a post or title use please instead2.always use help file as it is now muchly over rated3. dont think where not watching u4.please wait 24 hours after last post ot bump XD i use to make that mistake

mayb u need to open a remote log on the other computer b4 u try and do that once done execute the notepad

It doesn't even connect to the remote computer, or my own for that matter. Must be something with the syntax, but I'm not sure what to put to run on the remote computer.

You would probably be better having the messenger service running on the remote computer and then using net send. The downside to this is that all your remote users would be able to send messages to themselves.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

You would probably be better having the messenger service running on the remote computer and then using net send. The downside to this is that all your remote users would be able to send messages to themselves.

Can't do it, I'm trying to implement this kind of thing over a huge network as a quick way to send a message. net send is disabled by our firewall, and its probably gonna stay that way.

Can't do it, I'm trying to implement this kind of thing over a huge network as a quick way to send a message. net send is disabled by our firewall, and its probably gonna stay that way.

You will probably find that all other methods you come up with will also be blocked. This being the case you would be best using email.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

You will probably find that all other methods you come up with will also be blocked. This being the case you would be best using email.

tbh email would be better anyway as i dont seem why u would bother to remote log into a computer jsut to write something on a computer unless ur trying to make a prank out of it

u could jsut make a email sender that sends over a network

cheeers C.W

well I think

is problem...

Run("\\" & $var1 & "\" & @SytemDir & "\notepad.exe")
seems right, but it seems too easy that nobody's pointed in out yet. Edited by crzftx