Checking an object

Autox

I am working on a project that uses a SQL database. I am using ADO record sets for the data. In my cleanup routine I want to close all the record sets and the database connection. It appears if I don't it cleans itself up when it closes but as a matter of habit I like to clean up after myself.

So, depending on what the user does one or more record sets may not be opened. Rather than set a flag stating I opened the record set I was hoping to just check it some how.

I tried doing a:

If $rsQTaskQueue.State = 1 Then
    $rsQBladeInfo.Close
EndIF

But if the RS was never opened I get an error that the variable is being used before being defined. If I create $rsQBladeInfo as a variable just in case, then when I try to actually create it as a record set I get an error about it not being an object. What is the best way to handle this?

Thanks in Advance

initialize $rsQBladeInfo with Local or Global as appropriate early on...

then,

If IsObj($rsQBladeInfo) Then $rsQBladeInfo.Close

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble