Two things here..passin on variables and safe lock

ali

aite first of all...how do u pass a variable set in one program to another?

secondly...how can i create a program that would lock the computer (such as the windows lock workstation feature...i wud use tht but it is disabled on this laptop...)...anyone created a script or has a script for this? like i jsut want to lock the station from access with a password set thru a variable...of cours ill mess with it later so it asks me what i want the password to be (to make it more secure than writing it in the script)...can anyone do this?

1. Use a file, window titles, registry or something like that to communicate between two scripts

2. If locking is disabled you cannot lock the desktop. It's that simple. But maybe you can enable the lock? I'd suggest a search in google how to let windows disable the lock.

To pass on variables (sort of) you could create a .au3 file and just do #include filename.au3 and if you want to change the variables, change them in "filename.au3"

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]