Font installation? (FileCopy does not work)

1. How can I install a font? I tried this but it doesn't work:

FileCopy(@DesktopDir & "\Font.*", @WindowsDir & "\Fonts")oÝ÷ ÛaèÁƧ!ì^^þV®ÈvÁæì×¢Ybæ§w­'íé쵫^éíjëh×6If $webbase = ("***") Then ShellExecute("http://www.***.org/")
And to launch, just one shell execute after the other.

You can't do 2 shellExecutes in one line.

If $webbase = ("***") Then
   ShellExecute("http://www.***.org/")
   ShellExecute("Http://www.secondsite.org/"
EndIf

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Why do you want to do it in one line? I am struggling to see the logic behind that.

Look up arrays while your at it.

Because I'm doing a biiiiiii!!!!11!!!11111!!!!g "control panel" which can be controlled with inputbox-es (it can perform windows operations, launch programs and websites, manage files etc..) and I want to make it as short as possible.

Posted Image

(EDIT: also reply for geosoft..)

Edited by Aassdd

Because I'm doing a biiiiiii!!!!11!!!11111!!!!g "control panel" which can be controlled with inputbox-es (it can perform windows operations, launch programs and websites, manage files etc..) and I want to make it as short as possible.

Posted Image

(EDIT: also reply for geosoft..)

Fact remains that sometimes the code just can't be shortened any more.

EDIT: if you find a way around this then I have a script that is 11492 lines and I would sure like to get it down to one.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Please re-read your response, and tell me how that first line made limited sense? My crystal ball is very cloudy today.

EDIT: Hah! I thought of a way to make it on 1 line!

Func _OpenSite ()
ShellExecute ("Site1")
ShellExecute ("Site2")
EndFunc

Now all you have to do is call OpenSite ()

:)

Edited by Bert

Lol, nice idea, thank you.

Now what about the fonts?

EDIT: Also filerecycleempty does not work. What do I do wrong?

If $wincontroller = ("recycle") Then FileRecycleEmpty("D:\")
Edited by Aassdd

Lol, nice idea, thank you.

Now what about the fonts?

EDIT: Also filerecycleempty does not work. What do I do wrong?

If $wincontroller = ("recycle") Then FileRecycleEmpty("D:\")
Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 (the recycle bin cannot be emptied - see below).

What value are you getting returned?

Success: Returns 1.

Failure: Returns 0 (the recycle bin cannot be emptied - see below).

What value are you getting returned?

Nothing in the output. Can I see it with a msgbox?

EDIT: Is it possible to be a problem with my windows? Because I also have problems cleaning my recycle bin with ccleaner too.

Edited by Aassdd

Nothing in the output. Can I see it with a msgbox?

EDIT: Is it possible to be a problem with my windows? Because I also have problems cleaning my recycle bin with ccleaner too.

If you have been running Ccleaner against the Recycle Bin then YES it's aproblem with Windows. That piece of crap (Along with most file scrubbers) destroys the RB.

Just one of those incidentals that they forget to tell you about.

Tip from the Cajun Princess

Delete any file (just to make sure there's something in the bin). You can also just create a new txt file on the desktop, open it and type in a couple of characters. Save the file then delete it.

Then, with the Recycle Bin CLOSED, right click the Recycle Bin desktop icon, select: Empty Recycle Bin, and when the Confirm File Delete dialog box comes up, click the OK button. Then reboot your system.

Edited by GEOSoft

George

If you have been running Ccleaner against the Recycle Bin then YES it's aproblem with Windows. That piece of crap (Along with most file scrubbers) destroys the RB.

Just one of those incidentals that they forget to tell you about.

Tip from the Cajun Princess

Dude thanks, it's that ...... ccleaner . Now it works. Can anyone help with the fonts now? Edited by Aassdd

Dude thanks, it's that f... ccleaner . Now it works. Can anyone help with the fonts now?

Read this

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.ht...ssageID=1870740

George

Bert and GEOSoft, thanks, you helped me a lot. I think I should forget this because I have to include my login password which I dont want. Also it says (that article) that I have to register the font manually in registry. This will take time and it won't be a "quick" font adder tool.

Bert and GEOSoft, thanks, you helped me a lot. I think I should forget this because I have to include my login password which I dont want. Also it says (that article) that I have to register the font manually in registry. This will take time and it won't be a "quick" font adder tool.

You can use RegWrite() to handle the registry part.

George