Adobe 7 on XP SP 2 Misbehaving

After a recent general company upgrade to XP SP2 and Adobe 7 ( unpatched - at the moment, using reader/standard and professional as needed ) various Autoit scripts stopped working. Initially it seemed the send function stopped working but I have found various window functions don't trigger a response or if they do it's a bit unexpected. Other applications like MS Word seem okay.

Some code that produces odd effects:

dim $app

;$app ="Microsoft Word"

$app ="Adobe"

;Opt("WinWaitDelay", 4000) ; played with this sometimes can get expected result for 1 or 2 function calls then fails

If WinExists($app) Then

msgbox(0,"test 1","step 1")

WinActivate($app) ; Does not bring the window to the front

msgbox(0,"test 1","2")

WinSetState ( $app, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE ) ; produces large yellow box

msgbox(0,"test 1","3")

WinWaitActive($app) ; waits forever

EndIf

To see the WinWaitActive behaviour ( or non behaviour ) comment out lines above where it's called. I need to get the send function to work as expected but I think once even the winactivate works the rest would follow.

Sporadically some calls work if a delay ( like a sleep of 2 or 4 secs ) is introduced before the next call.

The "yellow box" that appears fills the screen. The only way out is via ctrl+esc and then selecting Acrobat on the start bar and closing from there. The yellow box seems to be related to the screen tips that you get when hovering over Adobe function buttons, though obviously a lot larger. Infact with different code the these disembodied blank screen tip boxes can be made to display the screen tips.

I'm running the version 3.2.8.1 of AutoIT with SciTE Version 1.74. Executing the script outside of SciTE produces the same effect.

Anyone seen anything like this or have any suggestions for a fix. I've automated quite a few difficult applications but not seen anything this weird before.

After a recent general company upgrade to XP SP2 and Adobe 7 ( unpatched - at the moment, using reader/standard and professional as needed ) various Autoit scripts stopped working. Initially it seemed the send function stopped working but I have found various window functions don't trigger a response or if they do it's a bit unexpected. Other applications like MS Word seem okay.

Some code that produces odd effects:

dim $app

;$app ="Microsoft Word"

$app ="Adobe"

;Opt("WinWaitDelay", 4000) ; played with this sometimes can get expected result for 1 or 2 function calls then fails

If WinExists($app) Then

msgbox(0,"test 1","step 1")

WinActivate($app) ; Does not bring the window to the front

msgbox(0,"test 1","2")

WinSetState ( $app, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE ) ; produces large yellow box

msgbox(0,"test 1","3")

WinWaitActive($app) ; waits forever

EndIf

To see the WinWaitActive behaviour ( or non behaviour ) comment out lines above where it's called. I need to get the send function to work as expected but I think once even the winactivate works the rest would follow.

Sporadically some calls work if a delay ( like a sleep of 2 or 4 secs ) is introduced before the next call.

The "yellow box" that appears fills the screen. The only way out is via ctrl+esc and then selecting Acrobat on the start bar and closing from there. The yellow box seems to be related to the screen tips that you get when hovering over Adobe function buttons, though obviously a lot larger. Infact with different code the these disembodied blank screen tip boxes can be made to display the screen tips.

I'm running the version 3.2.8.1 of AutoIT with SciTE Version 1.74. Executing the script outside of SciTE produces the same effect.

Anyone seen anything like this or have any suggestions for a fix. I've automated quite a few difficult applications but not seen anything this weird before.

What do you get if you add Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) in there?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

A working script ! And the send function worked.

First time the default match mode hasn't worked as expected.

Many Thanks and a Happy New Year.

Glad it helped. default match mode is exact match which I suspected you didn't have.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"