Why does HotKeySet need Ctrl or Alt in it?

layer

How come when using autoit, and using HotKeySet you need a Ctrl or Alt in the hotkey? It's frusterating, cause now my script is going to be twice as big as it should be unless I figure out a Pause function...But I just want to know Why does HotKeySet need Ctrl or Alt in it?

But if using any other keys besides a-z you don't... I just thought it was weird :)

Thanks

FootbaG

• Developers

How come when using autoit, and using HotKeySet you need a Ctrl or Alt in the hotkey? It's frusterating, cause now my script is going to be twice as big as it should be unless I figure out a Pause function...But I just want to know Why does HotKeySet need Ctrl or Alt in it?

But if using any other keys besides a-z you don't... I just thought it was weird :)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To avoid the creation of keylogger scripts....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

ok, just wanted to know because im making a little script for counter-strike and i need to set hotkeys for regular keys, but i will just use the Delete, End, Insert, and Home keys...=D

BTW: Thats a good idea unless some one types by pressing Ctrl X =P stupid, i know...

Although the IsPressed func has defeated the purpose of this...=(

FootbaG

I agree Jon, please remove the limits. Just make sure that everyone has to read and agree to a EULA before being able to install the program saying that you and AutoIt arent responsible for any virus related or malicious activity. Somehow keep virus scanners from blocking AutoIt. Not sure how that should be done, but I still think it should be a concern. They just need to understand that they shouldnt block AU3 scripting just because it could do something (the same way they do the rest of scripting languages).

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A pause function...

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        Sleep(100)
    WEnd
EndFunc

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I'm thinking of removing the trayicon/hotkey/getkeystate limitations now.  DllCall is fantastic and has made everything possible anyway.  Poll.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to be offensive.... but not everybody really knows the usage of DLLCALL.

I've seen Larry created several scripts with DLLCALL function and it is

wonderful.

However, until now I still don't understand how / when to use this DllCall().

I know it is illustrated in HELPFILE, sadly that I really don't understand after

reading it.

Hope someone would show a simple example and explain each of the statements.

I'm confused on the DLLCALL thingy.

Sorry... I'm kinda slow learner... :">

Well as soon as beta becomes stable I may be able to explain it to you from the helpfile. I dont know though maybe not :).

If beta doesnt become stable soon I am going to have to use beta as I have several GUI programs that I need to create or that I could use to expand my current set of utilities :)

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

I use BETA, I like it...=) I don't know every single command yet, but I'm doing pretty good I think. (Many others may not...You know who you are...) I would probably make more things except I never have any ideas of what to make that may be usefule to me 0_o

FootbaG

Yea, I was wondering why it was the "unstable" version because of the fact it seemed pretty stable to me =D...

Do I use "..." too much? =P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol... if anyone uses "..." too much it is probably me... I do it instead of .'s (of course in this post it is a little over done for emphasis).

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links