More PixelChecksum Problems

Ok, I have a script that launches a program and waits for a certain PixelChecksum in an area, then pops up a MsgBox to let me know the program has made it to that point. This is just for testing purposes. Later on, the MsgBox will be replaced with useful stuff to do once the program has reached that point. It works fine on this computer, but when I try it on another computer, it gets a different PixelChecksum for the same area.

Both computers have the same resolution(1024X768) and color quality(32 bit). They are both launching the same program in full screen mode and waiting on the same area. What other factors do I need to consider? Is there anyway to get the same PixelChecksum on all computers?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Put in your msgBox the color they find, or make a small GUI witch color they find at that place. If it aint the same you know enough.

Its bugfixing :)

when I try it on another computer, it gets a different PixelChecksum for the same area.

I have all ready done that, and the Checksums are different.

I was thinking that maybe the screen is offset by a pixel or two for some reason, so I did a PixelGetColor(5,5) which returned 5850930 on this computer. Then, I did PixelSearch(0,0,200,200,5850930), which returned 5,5 as expected. I ran the same PixelSearch on the other computer, and it did not create the array as expected, which leads me to belive it did not find the color 5850930 anywhere in the search area. What is going on here?

here is what i would do,

1. take a screen dump from both pcs.

2. find a common starting point (x & Y) for both dumps. EG. x1 and y1 should be the same colour

3. then use a piant prog like paint shop pro to blow the image up, and hover over the coords you have decided, and see if the colour are the same.

you can use my little prog to see the difference in values. (which i wrote myself) it shit, but will tell you the difference between 2 colours.

Ok, I used the Print Screen button to capture the image and pasted it into paint. I did this for both computers, e-mailed one to myself, and downloded it on the same computer as the other one. I zoomed in as you suggested. Just looking at the two, I can tell a difference in color values without even having to check with your program. One is a lot more clear than the other. I used the same zoom value on both. 800%.

What is making these two images be displayed differently? I am using ChangeResolution.au3 on both computers to make sure the resolution, refresh rate, and bitspp are the same. What other factors could cause these to appear differenty?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by MrTieDye

Ok, I used the Print Screen button to capture the image and pasted it into paint. I did this for both computers, e-mailed one to myself, and downloded it on the same computer as the other one. I zoomed in as you suggested. Just looking at the two, I can tell a difference in color values without even having to check with your program. One is a lot more clear than the other. I used the same zoom value on both. 800%.

What is making these two images be displayed differently? I am using ChangeResolution.au3 on both computers to make sure the resolution, refresh rate, and bitspp are the same. What other factors could cause these to appear differenty?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do the monitors on both computers have the same natural display resolutions? I see you are setting the displays to the same resolution and colour depth but if they are LCD displays and the graphics drivers are having to interpolate pixels to achieve the required resolution then it is to be expected that the colours of interpolated pixels will vary somewhat.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook